Chapter 9

Monty had decided this wasn't going to come to end unless he intervened. All of his friends had turned their backs on him, and he couldn't stand by and watch as they exiled him from a crime he didn't commit.

Still, it was a surprise even to Monty himself when he found himself outside of the daycare, knocking on the large wooden door.

In terms of the animatronics around the Pizzaplex, the daycare attendant had always done more of their own thing. They didn't mesh too well with the others, and both parties seemed to find no problem in that. They had different purposes, they weren't meant to be friends.

Despite this however, the daycare attendant did have their fair share of knowledge about the going ons of the Pizzaplex, and right now Monty was willing to put their differences aside to take advantage of that information.

The door swung open and a giddy sun-themed animatronic came almost face to face with Monty, thought Monty was a good head taller.

"Friends! Oh- hello Montgomery. I wasn't expecting you," said the attendant genuinely but not unkindly.

"Hello. Can we talk?"

...

It was nearly an hour later that Monty's debrief had finished and the attendant was up to date in the drama that had been unfolding. To their credit, they were quite the attentive listener.

"D-did you do it?" they asked quietly.

Monty simply shook his head and let out a sigh. "No."

"Okay." The attendant seemed to think for a moment. "What do you need my help with?"

"I need a favor," the gator said quietly.

"Name it, friend."

Glancing down at his claws- the ones shaped specially so he could play the bass in place of Bonnie- he gritted his teeth before finally letting the words out. "Not from you, Sun."

The silence that filled the room was brimming with tension before the attendant stood up. "Out. Get out."

"I'm sorry, I can't. I need to speak to him."

"No- no no no. You will do no such thing."

Monty heaved another sigh and stood, walking towards the exit. But before he stepped outside, he flipped the lights.

"No! NO!"

Monty waited a moment for Moon to arrive. And he did, as expected.

"Moon."

"Montgomery, Montgomery."

"I need you to keep an eye on the others. And let me know if any of them are out and about when they aren't supposed to be."

"Bad children must be punished," sang the attendant, but Monty shook his head no.

"No Moon. Just watch them. And tell me if they are being-" he grit his teeth and looked down awkwardly, stifling a voice crack "-bad."

"No fun," whined Moon.

"When night time rolls around, you know what to do. And you know where to find me."

The attendant chuckled, and then he was gone. Monty shivered as he hurried out of the daycare back towards his room.

He was vaguely aware of the eyes watching him from the ceiling above as he heard scurrying. He tried not to think about it.

Part of him, the part of him that valued his friends above all else, felt guilty for asking Moon to spy on them. But the rest of him knew it was what had to be done.

He was being framed. And he was going to prove it.