Chapter 7

Silence. That was all that Roxy could coherently pick out of the darkness.

In fact, darkness was an understatement. No, this wasn't darkness. This was an all encompassing nothing. Nothing to see, nothing to hear; just nothing.

She tried to think back to what led her here, and a sharp pain in where she thought her head might be appeared rapidly, accompanied with a slew of blurred thoughts.

Button. Charles. Chica.

What had she done? That was all she could think as she frantically searched for some escape from the nothingness around her, some way back to the real world.

Or was this the real world? Was this what was left for her?

She recalled the crowbar coming down on her head, and then Freddy... something in his eyes she hadn't seen before as he lunged at the night guard.

She didn't think she ever wanted to see that look again. It scared her.

And after that, she remembered a noise, and then Freddy had the remote and then-

And then nothing.

Had the hit to her head destroyed her inner mechanisms? Was she out of service? Would she ever be repaired?

After what felt like an eternity, a small light appeared above her, that then expanded outwards to reveal something. Something that wasn't the nothingness from before.

As the world came into view around her, she gathered her bearings. She was laying on the floor, on her back, but she wasn't where she last remembered being.

She was inside the bowling alley. She could tell from the ceiling alone.

Something close to dread flashed through her processing system before subsiding into a more lingering anxiety that settled in the back of her mind.

Freddy leaned over her, and immediately she could tell something was off.

"Oh- you're. That worked. Hello, Roxanne."

She sat up, looking around. Chica was sitting at a table on the far side of the room, turned away from the bear and wolf.

Relief washed over Roxy at the sight of her okay, awake, alive.

But still, she had more questions than answers. And without thinking the first one left her lips, though she feared she already knew the answer.

"Where's Charles?"