Chapter 9: The Cannibals

Jungkook's eyes fluttered open. The chirpings of birds could be heard as he rubs his eyes. He looked around to see the others starting to wake up as well except Yoongi and Namjoon.

Taehyung came to him and hugged him.
"Morning" Taehyung spoke in his deep husky morning voice.
"Morning hyung"
They then proceeded to wake Namjoon and Yoongi up.

As they all gathered around for the day's tasks, Jin spoke up.
"We don't have anything to eat and we surely need a change of clothes"
It was true... they all looked like a true disaster. Their clothes were caked with mud and in Jhope's and Namjoon's case, blood too.

Namjoon said, "So we can divide the task. It will be easier to complete this level with our powers so I suppose we should kill the 50 cannibals as soon as possible. So just try to kill every single cannibal you find. Suga hyung and Jimin will go to search for the book in one side of this town.

I and Jhope will go for searching the book in the other. Taehyung, Jungkook and Jin hyung will go for collecting the supplies we need."

Everyone nodded.

Jimin raised his hand and said, "But hyung what about the blood part. We also need to find a person who is not infected and of course why are we forgetting about the mirror."

Namjoon agreed. "We will just do these tasks and then do the rest afterwards."

Hums of approval echoed in the room.

"Ok so let's meet up in the afternoon in this place", said Jin.

Then they all dispersed into their respective fields.
Jin, Taehyung and Jungkook moved towards the mall where their game had started.

"Do you think there would be cannibals in here?" asked Jungkook.
"It actually is possible. I think we just got lucky the last time so better be ready", replied Jin.

Taehyung was keeping an eye around Jungkook. He surely didn't want to see Jungkook becoming a meal for the cannibals.

Then he saw something coming towards them from the corner of his eye. He immediately sliced the cannibal's neck.

Jungkook immediately went to his side while Jin watched their back. There were a herd of cannibals heading their way, running like madmen.

Jungkook raised his crowbar and looked around. When the first cannibal reached him, he swung his crowbar and smashed the head of the cannibal. Jin took out his machete and cut down the cannibals' head or arms. They all killed the cannibals one after another till they were covered in blood and grim. Jin had an injury on his hand and Taehyung had a cut on his leg.

Just then another herd of cannibals attacked them. But this time, Jungkook felt a surge of energy inside him as he placed his fingers on the road.

Cracks started forming on the road. Roots surged up from the road into the sky. Jungkook sent the roots towards the cannibals. The cannibals were picked up and thrown, many were strangled to death.

"Come on we need to quickly finish this", said Jungkook.

Taehyung abandoned his sword as he sent a wave of water into the herd.

Jin levitated into the sky as sent surges of air on the cannibals who managed to come through Tae and Jungkook's defense to back away.

The powers were finally back.