Chapter 10: The Cannibals

In the afternoon, everyone met in the house. Taehyung, Jungkook and Jin had taken the required supplies after their fight and were telling everyone about their experience.

"Maybe that's why I felt a surge of power run through me when we were searching through the area", replied Suga.

All of them were feeling much better after getting back their powers.

The trio had also gotten new dressing materials for the boys. They all had washed and freshened up thanks to Taehyung's power too.

"I feel so clean and comfortable right now", mumbled Jimin. He was extremely tired from the search for the book. The four had searched for the book but to no avail. It was slowly getting frustrating.

Namjoon stood up. "We need to find the book as soon as possible. We can't sit like this. We need to get out of this cannibalistic horror story"

Everyone nodded. Even though they were tired, they knew they couldn't slack. They needed to get out of the nightmare.

"But Namjoon, how about we rest for at least 5 minutes. We all are tired", replied Jin.

Namjoon hummed as he sat back down. He started thinking. He had gotten his powers back so his intelligence was once again enhanced, so he thought of where the book could be.

He had tried to find it in the library but it was not there. He tried to think of a place the book could specifically be.

Any clue related to the book...

If it is a puzzle...

Then an idea flashed in his mind.

The name...

Time...

Namjoon perked up as he felt that he solved the riddle. Suga noticed his expression. "What are you thinking about Joon?"

"Guys! Guys! Listen!...
What was the name of the book?" Namjoon excitedly asked.

Jimin scratched his head as he replied, "Time?"

"Yes! Time! Maybe the book will be found in a place related to time?!" Namjoon exclaimed.

Suga sighed. "And what place do you think is related to time, Joon?"

Namjoon immediately lost his smile as he again started thinking.

Jimin raised his hand. Everyone looked at him.
Jimin cleared his throat as he looked at Suga.
"Hyung, do you remember the large clock tower we had seen? Maybe that is it?"

Namjoon immediately brightened up.

"Did you check it?"

"No Namjoon hyung, we only saw it from afar", replied Jimin.

"So how about we search there. Jimin, lead the way."

Everyone decided to explore the area for other things too. So everyone set out on foot to search for the clock tower.

It took almost one hour for them to reach the tower. They all rushed inside with their powers ready to attack anyone who tried to hurt them.

The clock tower was quite large. Its inside seemed abandoned as it reeked of dead mice.

They all covered their noses to prevent the smell from assaulting their senses.

Jimin gagged as he couldn't handle the smell anymore.

Suga looked at him and grimaced.
"Please don't puke in here"

Jimin glared at him but continued to look around. Spider webs were adorning the corners of the room and dust was piled up on every single thing like a second layer of blanket. It looked more like Dracula's abode than a clock tower.

They saw a set of stairs that spiralled upwards. Suga looked at Namjoon. They both nodded at each other as they both went to check the upper floors. Jhope and Jin also followed them. The others started to search the ground floor.

Jin was looking around the topmost floor. He had taken the responsibilty to search the upper floor. There were a total of 5 floors in the tower. He looked at the large clock that was actually facing the town.

He saw a large square shaped outline on the back. He found a crowbar on that floor so he started removing that cover.

He used all his force for almost 10 minutes. Then finally, it opened.
A thing fell on his face. He covered his face as he tried to recover from the pain. After that he looked at the culprit.

And he was ecstatic.

It was a book.

It was a really large book which seemed to have thousands of pages. Its cover was a really thick, old looking and red colored one and on it was the word embedded in golden letter - Time

He grabbed the book and immediately ran to find the others. Everyone was overjoyed.
They finally had hope. There was a small progress at least.

They all searched further but couldn't find anything else so they left that tower.