Chapter 11: The Cannibals

The next day, everyone were in high spirits. They were determined to complete the missions.

They all set out in the search for the mirror and the non-infected person.

All except Namjoon.

He was already working on the antidote. The book was really huge with thousands of pages, but Namjoon was diligent in his work.

Meanwhile, the others were searching the area they had not explored yet.

There was an abandoned factory in the far end of the town. It looked the creepiest of all the buildings they had encountered in that town.

Suga was leading the group. Taehyung was checking on Jungkook every minute. He had started to get paranoid because of the game.

Jungkook had assured him multiple times that he would be alright but Taehyung was just not listening. Only one thing was repeating itself inside his head - 'Protect Kook'

Jungkook looked at the factory. He shuddered at the image of the factory. There was a really foul smell surrounding the area. The area looked completely deserted.

Jimin had rolled his eyes saying, "Why does this town reek of rotten meat so much? I can't stand it anymore. If I could, I am gonna take a room freshner with me everywhere"

Taehyung flashed his boxy smile at Jimin. Jungkook looked at his hyung. It was the first time Taehyung had smiled genuinely in the game.

He shook his head. It was not the time to be emotional. Suga signalled everyone to enter the building. They entered quietly, powers ready for any kind of danger.

There were multiple complex machines scattered all over the place. Jungkook looked at the insides and was shocked. It was so huge and creepy as hell.

They started to explore every single room and machines.
Jungkook was exploring through the place when he saw a carpet. It was looking completely out of place in the dusty factory. It was a black rubber carpet which looked old yet was somehow clean.

Jungkook squinted his eyes as he crouched down. Taehyung noticed Jungkook and joined him.

Taehyung stared at the place where the other was staring at.

"What are you looking at Kook?"

Jungkook hummed. He pointed at the carpet. "Hyung, I don't know why but the carpet looks completely out of place. It looks a bit clean which is not supposed to be the situation. I might be overthinking but it is actually wierd."

Taehyung hummed as he picked the carpet up by the end using 2 fingers and threw it away. And it looked like Jungkook's suspicion was true. There was a faint rectangle shaped outline on the floorboards.

The others had heard them so they also gathered around it. Suga tapped on the floorboard with his feet and then nodded at the others.

There was no handle on it so they didn't know how to open it.
They tried to use a crowbar and a knife, but to no avail.

They were all getting irritated because of it.

"How about we burn it?", Jhope asked, with a little fire dancing on his fingertip.

"Nope. We don't know what's inside. It might be of our use. We don't want it to turn into ashes before we get to it", replied Jin.

"Water is of no use too. Why did I select this power??! I thought it was pretty cool but I could only help in washing things. Is it even a power?! I feel like I am a fucking tap", said Taehyung. He stomped on the floor in frustration.

Jimin looked at Taehyung.
"At least you could help in washing and all. What about me? I couldn't find a particular use of it too. The only skill I know about my power is how to resist poison. That's fucking it"

They both were grumbling under their breaths about the uselessness of their powers. Hearing all of it, Suga's lips formed a smirk. He was extremely happy with its choice. He looked like a cat in a fish market.

"Fire, Air, Water, Poison, Earth and plants nothing could solve this. How about we break it instead?" Suga asked.

They all sighed and crossed their arms.
"Just fucking do it! No need to add salt to our injuries!!", snarled Jin.

Suga's smirk grew and his eyes turned black.

"As you wish"

Shadows started swirling around him as the other looked in awe at him.

After a few seconds, he stepped out of the shadows as they started to fade away.

He had turned into a werewolf. A really huge and powerful one.
He stood on his legs and howled.

He then punched the floorboards so hard that they broke and crumbled under his fist. All of the pieces fell down into the darkness that was engulfing the place under those floorboards.

Jhope lit a small fire in his hand to see inside the dark space.

And they were not ready for the sight they saw.