Chapter Five

"Tangiers! Incivie du haut, 421 rue de Barat! Allez!" Tooth told one of her fairies.

The sacks fly out of the portal and land on the floor. In the darkness, Jack hears -- "They're here." Jack and (Y/n) struggle out of the sacks to see two elves staring at him.

"Walla Walla, Washington. We've got a trampoline mishap at 1340 Ginger Lane." Tooth said.

"Quiet," North said.

They then look up to see North and Sandman looking down at them. The Tooth Fairy is surrounded by a dozen hovering tiny fairies who come and go as she blurts out orders.

"Canine, lateral, and central incisor. Ouch!" Tooth continued.

North clears his throat. They all turn to a bewildered Jack and (Y/n).

"Hey, there they are! Jack Frost! (Y/n) Frost!" North said as he holds out his arms to welcome Jack and (Y/n), a Dreamsand snowflake appears above Sandy's head.

"Wow, you gotta be kidding me," Jack mumbled.

Two Yetis suddenly grab Jack and (Y/n) by the shoulders and lift them onto their feet.

"Hey, hey. Whoa, put us down." Jack demanded.

"I hope the yetis treated you well?" North asked.

"Oh, yeah. We love being shoved in a sack and tossed through a magic portal." (Y/n) said sarcastically.

"Oh, good! That was my idea! You know Bunny, obviously."

"Obviously." The two winter spirits say together.

Bunny stands off to the side, grumbling with his arms crossed. Jack suddenly notices the mini tooth fairies hovering near him, staring and twittering.

"And the Tooth Fairy?" North continued.

Before Jack can answer, she's gliding toward him.

"Hello, Jack, (Y/n). I've heard a lot about you. And your teeth!"

"My, my what?" Jack and (Y/n) ask.

Tooth moves in way too close to Jack. "Open up! Are they really as white as they say? Yes!" Tooth gasps. "Oh, they really do sparkle like freshly fallen snow." Tooth continues as several swooning Mini Teeth flutter around a confused Jack, batting their lashes and screaming like crazed Beatles fans. Tooth collects herself. "Girls, pull yourselves together... Let's not disgrace the uniform."

"And Sandman," North said then looks over seeing Sandy sleeping. "Sandy! Sandy! Wake up!"

Sandy bolts awake and steps up to the two winter spirits, smiling.

"Hey! Ho! Anyone wanna tell us why we're here?"

The wisp of dreamsand above Sandy's head morphs into a barrage of images.

"That's not really helping. But thanks, little man." (Y/n) started.

"I musta done something really bad to get you four together." Jack continued to the others then walks away from the group, frosting an elf with a tray of cookies as it marches past, (Y/n) following, then turns around.

"Are we on the naughty list?"

North chuckles. "On naughty list? You hold record! But no matter. We overlook. Now we are wiping clean the slate."

"How come?" (Y/n) asked.

"Ah, good question." Bunny said more to North.

"How come? I tell you how come! Because now...you are Guardian!" North told the two.