Chapter Two

The Yeti shrugs his shoulders. "Wardle bawddrel." Before the Yeti can finish, a wind whips up from out of nowhere North stares in outrage as a blanket of swirling black san, crawls over the lights, and shrouds the entire globe in inky darkness. The elves scurry in a panic, then all at once the black sand whooshes up off the Globe and rushes up through the ceiling as the remaining sand bursts into a puff of smoke and dissipates into the air. As the wind dies, the scattered pieces of debris settle to the ground, and the globes lights come back on, North whirls to see a huge shadow flash across the floors and curving walls of his fortress. It quickly disappears, leaving nothing but the distant echo of...laughter?

North is frozen, looking up into the darkness, gravely: "Can it be?" North said quietly then yelled at one of the elves. "Dingle!" A group of elves steps forward gleefully pointing to themselves, as if they're all "Dingle". The excitement quickly turns to confusion. "Make preparations! We are going to have company." North reaches out for a large emergency level, twists and presses it. The Globe pulses with energy, which lights up and zooms up the axis shaft toward the roof.

------------

From the tallest spire of North's fortress, northern light energy radiates outward: for the first time in decades, the guardians' call goes out.

------------

A little fairy, carrying a coin, flies above the head of a sleeping child. She quickly ducks under the pillow and comes out the other side with a tooth in hand.

-------------

Hundreds of fairies fly toward a hollowed-out mountain, this is Tooth's palace and it's a majestic site.

-------------

Dozens of tiny FAIRIES flit about. Teeth are filed away in tiny wooden drawers. Coins are handed out.

"Chicago, Sector 6 -- 37 molars, 22 bicuspids, 18 central incisors. Moscow, Sector 9 -- 22 incisors, 18 premolars: Uh oh, heavy rain advisory!" There was a pause as Tooth aka The Tooth Fairy went quiet. "Des Moines, we've got a cuspid at 23 Maple. Head out! A hive of activity, and at the center, a winged figure barks out orders like a harried air-traffic controller. This is Tooth. A Mini Tooth Fairy flies up to Tooth as thousands of tiny mini tooth fairies, continue their work behind them.

"Wait!" And suddenly everything stops. Tooth whips around, and we finally see her beautiful face. She's holding up a little tooth, and gazing at it with dreamy adoration. The surrounding fairies tweet with excitement. "It's her first tooth. Have you ever seen a more adorable lateral incisor in all of your life?!" Tooth gasped. "Look how she flossed!" The fairies' tweets turn to concern, turning Tooth's attention to North's aurora signal stretching across the sky. She gasps, and flies off like a rocket toward the source of the signal, accompanied by a few of her ranking fairies.

My fellow Guardians - It is our job to watch over the children of the world, and keep them safe - to bring wonder, hope, and dreams. And so, I've called us all here for one reason, and one reason only - the children are in danger. Much of this we hear over the following...

----------------

There is a sleeping child with sand swirling overhead. It's a dream and it's taken the shape of a child playing soccer. We follow the Dreamsand stream out his window and up into the sky where we see dozens of strands of sand descending to earth. Keep following up, through majestic clouds...to reveal a small, glowing golden cloud of Dreamsand shimmering among the clouds, trailing the golden threads. The strands are being controlled by a small portly figure, The Sandman.