Chapter Six

Jack, (Y/n), and North ride an elevator, bearing the resemblance of a Christmas ornament, down to the factory floor.

"It's nothing personal, North. What you all do, it's just, it's not our thing." Jack started.

"Man in Moon says it is your thing." We will see! North storms through the factory floor, Jack trying to keep up. An amazing place.

"Slow down, wouldja? we've been trying to bust in here for years, we want a good look. (Y/n) continued.

North was a little peeved - still rushing. "What do you mean, "bust in?""

"Oh, don't worry, we never got past the yetis." Jack looks over his shoulder; an angry yeti pounds his fist into his palm.

"Rwwarrrrrr." The yeti growled.

"Oh, hey Phil." Jack said.

"Keep up, Jack! (Y/n)! Keep up!" North said as he charges ahead. North's factory is bustling with activity: Yetis are building toys, moving packages, while Elves are test piloting the various flying toys. As Jack and (Y/n) walk behind North, surveying the factory, a duck toy suddenly flies over their head. They duck just in time and continue after North.

"Whoa!" There was a pause. "I always thought the elves made the toys." (Y/n) whispered.

"We just let them believe that." North whispered back.

Jack and (Y/n) look over to see a group of elves eating Christmas ornaments and another electrocuting himself with Christmas lights. North smiles and calls to them.

"Very nice! Keep up good work!" North lies and continues through the factory floor. He passes a yeti putting the finishing touches on a blue toy robot.

"I don't like it. Paint it red." North told the yeti, The yeti reacts in dismay as we reveal hundreds of finished blue robots. "Step it up, everybody." As North, Jack, and (Y/n) move to the opposite end of the chamber, we finally glimpse the orchestrated chaos of the entire workshop, in all its magic and splendor.

------------------

Jack and (Y/n) follow North into his office. There are shelves filled with toys. Sketches and prototypes are everywhere. North dusts his hands and turns to the two. His sleeves are rolled. Jack notices that on one of North's forearms is tattooed the word NAUGHTY, and on the other, NICE. North grabs a plate from a nearby elf.

"Fruit cake?" North asked the two.

"Ah, no, thanks," Jack said, (Y/n) simply shook her head.

North tosses it somewhere and it crashes. A pause as North looks at the two winter spirits. "Now we get down to tacks of brass!"

"Tacks of brass?" Jack asked (Y/n). As North cracks his knuckles, the two stand in silence. The wind suddenly slams North's office door behind them. Jack looks to the door, it locks itself, and he turns back. North moves in close to Jack and (Y/n), backing them up against the door.

"Who are you, Jack and (Y/n) Frost? What is your center?" North pokes them in the chest.

"Our center?"

"If Man in Moon chose you to be a Guardian, you must have something very special inside," North said then stands up straight and begins to stroke his beard as he gives them a curious look.

"Hmmmm?" North is standing in front of a shelf of Russian nesting dolls. One is carved to look like North himself.

"Here. This is how you see me, no? Very big, intimidating. But if you get to know me a little--" North started as he hands the doll to Jack. "Well, go on." Jack gives North a curious look, then sets down his staff. He twists the doll in half and inside is another carved North doll, this one is a more typical Santa Claus - red-cheeked and cheery.