Chapter Sixteen

The Mini Teeth twitter as Jack and (Y/n) jump from cage to cage, opening them as they go. Jack opens another cage and notices the fairies standing still. "Come on, let's go." Jack looks around and notices that all of the Minis are still in their cages. "What's wrong?!" The fairies are just standing around, listless. "None of you can fly?" Baby Tooth directs Jack's attention to the Globe at the base of Pitch's lair. "The lights..."

A Yeti very carefully sets the last of a group of newly painted red robot dolls on a shelf. He breathes a sigh of relief. Suddenly, the entire factory begins to shake, knocking the robot doll to the ground. He dives after it, juggles it in the air, and catches it just before it hits the ground. Suddenly, streaks of black sand whoosh up into and around the factory. The dark sand snakes its way up and around the globe, causing the Yetis and Elves to scatter and knocking toys to the floor. The Yetis and Elves look up in horror as the black sand, now covering the globe, gives rise to Pitch, who stands before them cackling. "You're all free to go! We won't be needing any Christmas toys this year, thank you! Nor ever again!" The yeti with the robot dolls sinks his head and sighs in defeat.

Jack and (Y/n) land on the ground, now standing before Pitch's globe and it looks almost completely devoid of light. "They're all going out..."

Pitch is practically dancing across North's globe, he's so giddy, counting down as the last few lights go dark. "Only six left! Six precious children who still believe in the Guardians with all their h--" A lights blinks out. "Make that, five." Another. "Oo! Four!" Another. "Three!" Another. "TWO!" His eyes widen as he snaps his fingers with anticipation and glee. All of his hard work and planning - finally paying off! Pitch stares down at the one last light, waiting for it to go out. He snaps his fingers a few more times. Still nothing. His smile fades. His face goes cold as he realizes... "One."

Jack jumps up onto the globe to closely inspect the last light. The light is brought into full view. Jack smiles. "Jamie!" We're right on the globe, where the last light flickers.

Jamie is sitting up in bed, talking to an old stuffed rabbit, and whispering. "Okay look, you and I are obviously at what they call a crossroads, so here's what's gonna happen-" Jack and (Y/n) appear outside Jamie's window and moves closer to get a better look. "If it wasn't a dream and if you are real, then you have to prove it. Like right now." Jamie waits. He looks around expectantly. Jack and (Y/n) look on from outside the window, wondering if anything will happen. Jamie looked down with desperation creeping in. "I've believed in you for a long time, okay? Like my whole life in fact. So, you kinda owe me now." Jamie picks up his stuffed rabbit and holds it close.

"You don't have to do much, just a little sign so I know, anything." There was a pause. "Anything at all." He waits. It's excruciating. "I knew it." Jamie lets the stuffed animal fall to the floor. Jack and (Y/n) come into the room and watches as the light slowly fades from Jamie's eyes, disbelief setting in. Jack and (Y/n) don't know what to do. They take a moment to concentrate, then enter the room. Then, Jamie notices the window as the panes of glass freeze over.

The image of an Easter egg suddenly appears... Jamie sees the window. "Huh?" Jamie looks down at the stuffed rabbit on the floor. He can barely comprehend what he's seeing. Jamie looks back to the window as more of the windowpanes frost over. Jamie's eyes get huge with amazement. "Their real." Jack and (Y/n), excited, continue to exert themself trying to bring life to their drawing. And when they do, the frost rabbits come leaping off of the window.

"Whoa..." The rabbits hop around Jamie's room, bursting like a snowball over Jamie's head, the snowflakes sprinkling down on him. "Whoa!" Jack and (Y/n) are as amazed as Jamie. But Jamie's amazement turns to confusion. "Snow?" Two snowflakes land on the tip of Jamie's nose. The snowflake glows a magic blue. And in that moment a light comes into Jamie's eyes an idea starts to take hold. "Jack Frost? (Y/n) Frost?"