13 | ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ꜱᴘɪʀɪᴛ

❝ 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧! ❞

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

An empty shell.

An useless doll.

A powerless forward.

Those thoughts swirled through Hinata's head upon watching the fire striker, her captain and even the newest player break through the 'Infinite Wall'. Even though they won the match, Hinata felt like she lost a battle.

Hinata trained till her body became numb. Her eyelids wanting to close, yet she still pushed forward. She could still vividly remember her hair sticking to her face while a pool of sweat formed between her feef. The drastic training she went through became a nightmare to her, yet she didn't regret it.

Then, why?

"Why can't it be me!"

Her soulless eyes watched in envy at the ball that landed between the two goalposts. She wanted to be part of the striker line-up. She wanted to do a combined hissatsu technique with Gouenji. She wanted...

She wanted to be the one who made the final winning goal.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

"I'm disappointed in you, Little Sunshine." a familiar manly voice spoke through the telecom.

"Your performance was disgraceful to the Academy. If it wasn't for the contract, I would've already disowned you."

"I apologize..." Hinata whispered.

"We'll take drastic measures regarding this behavior of yours. Expect the worse, Amemiya Hinata.Till Friday night. Goodnight." Kenzaki immediately cut off the line, hanging up on the poor girl.

Hinata was speechless. This was the first time her mentor was angry at her. Tears threatened to spill from her glossy eyes. She immediately tried to stop them from falling by wiping them away, but the tears wouldn't stop.

"Hina, you left your bottle-," Aki walked inside the women locker room, but stopped mid sentence upon seeing her friend in a crying state. She looked so helpless and confused to her.

"A-Aki..."

Hinata tried to hide her tears with her hands, but Aki wasn't one to be fooled. Especially if it came to her childhood friend.