Chapter 1

Madeleine's POV

Sometimes it becomes boring living in a busy place where everyone is pretty wealthy. Canary Wharf offered nothing but exactly that. Being a 17 year old chick, you have countless opportunities for sex, drugs and parties, no matter your looks. But that was never in my interest. I never once felt the need to ravage my integrity and my body by meaningless sex, drugs and stupid friend groups. I sound like a prude, but I'm not quite that. I hate shallow relationships and I only surround myself with people who genuinely share the same amount of depth inside of them. It's sometimes hard to find, but I manage. I am not really romantic, maybe that's why I've never had any real relationships yet, or maybe it's just because I'm looking for extremely deep devotion based relationship. I want it to come unexpectedly, and I want it to suck every inch of effort out of me and make me a better person.

"Madeleine!" I heard my father yell from downstairs. We lived in a huge apartment, and I kind of had the whole upper floor to myself, even though it wasn't really big, it was enough for my privacy.

"Coming!" I yelled back. I check myself in the mirror one last time. The skirt is...well short, but I own even shorter ones. I paired it with black booties and a mint-colored cotton hoodie. It compliments my bright hazel hair and eyes.

I took my little bag and made my way downstairs.

"Care to join me? I have to go to the mall to pick a new tie." My father always exaggerated his British accent, sometimes it was unbearable.

"Sure dad. I was about to go to school but I can skip first period, I mean it's PE anyways."
"Okay darling, don't overdo it tho."

Once we were seated in our car my dad lit a cigarette. I always hated the smell of cigarettes, my mother had to double wash my clothes as I couldn't stand it. Thank God the ride is short.

As we enter the store, I smelt this incredible perfume. I don't wanna sound lame but it just blocked any kind of motion of mine for a moment. It weirdly reminded me of some sort of romance. It was aggressive, with no sweet tones at all. Just straight heavy, soul sucking smell. It reminded me of some kind of wood. It was perfect. I turned around to see who was wearing it. Just as I made a spin on my toes, the person took a turn. I only caught a glimpse of a long, silky black hair. The person was tall and slim. Something inside of me pushed me towards her, maybe it was her scent that still lingered in the air.

"Madeleine? Are you nuts?"
"W-What?"
"You zoned out, keep walking kiddo, PE doesn't last the whole day."

His jokes just kept on getting worse, or I was just disturbed that he interrupted my daydreaming. I wonder, how could I feel such a strong connection with someone that passed by me? I was almost magnified towards her, like she had some kind of invisible ropes around my neck, and as she walked away from me, they pulled me towards her. See, this is what I meant when I said that I'm a 'deep' person. Nothing can be simple.

____________________________________

The bell rang, signaling the end of the last class that day. I hit the bathroom one last time to check my make up. I once again over-line my lips, even though they are as big as they come. Other than that, I try to keep my make up as light as possible. Concealer on some blemishes, and a few stroker with a mascara wand, and I'm done.

"Well hello sexy!" Chantel practically jumped on my 5 feet back and grabbed me in every inappropriate place she could find at the moment. I had her palms underneath my hoodie and her other palm holding my crotch.

Chantel is my best friend. She is a 5'8" blonde, with the most beautiful, biggest blue eyes. She is also big personality wise. Other than that, she's completely nuts. But that's what I like about her, she always knew how to make me laugh, and she has a very good understanding of what emotions are. She cares for yours, and she guards hers. People often associated her with some fuck boys from around the town which is why they often considered her a stupid whore. But I knew she was much more than that, you couldn't find someone like her even if you browsed every mouse hole in London.

"Chantel. I missed you girly! What are you up to?"
"WE are, together, going to my flat. Faye threw a party."

Faye is Chantel's sister. They are in a way similar, except Faye's tendency to devour her soul with drugs. Don't get me wrong, Chantel's no better, but Chantel knew how to be sober, and for her, doing drugs was not an every day necessity. Faye needed the drugs. She basically looked exactly like Chantel, except she was a bit taller, and maybe a bit hotter. Personality wise.

Faye loves me, but her friends are all very weird. Whenever she threw a party, something weird happened. Weird as in a random woman jumping from the roof, into the pool, which was filled with a fucking alcohol. And weird as in teasing and mocking Chantel, me and our friends. But we kinda got used to it. I mean their flat was huge, it spread on two floors. So we weren't really with her friends all the time, mostly we were separated.

"Anyone else going?" I asked. I couldn't help but smile at her. She was really my best friend, once I learnt to tolerate her craziness.

"Just come! I'm parked right outside, let's go."

____________________________________

The party was unusually normal. Faye only invited a few girlfriends over, and they haven't left her room. That's probably why nothing crazy happened yet. To be completely honest, I caught myself feeling bored.

"Let me use the bathroom real quick."
"Madeleine your make up's fine!"
"Sorry I'm annoying but it gives me a peace of mind..."
My friends hated my lips obsession and I admit, it gets pretty annoying.

I make my way over to the bathroom upstairs, and whilst climbing the stairs I, once again, felt the same gut feeling, something almost nostalgic in the air. I thought it must have simply been the adrenaline, or just happiness, I have only made one more step when I realized, it's the same smell. It's that perfume that I smelt today at the mall. I felt repetitive waves of nostalgic, almost unpleasant feelings in my stomach, but there was no one in sight so I just brushed it off, it's just a scent.

The bathroom door was not all the way closed, so I figured no one's inside. As I was opening the door, I muddled through my bag, searching for a lip liner, when I realized that there's a figure in front of me, and the scent is stronger than ever. If today was magnifying, this was extolling. The smell found a way into my heart and all around my bones. In front of me stood the same person from today, I could tell by her magically silky hair, it went all the way down, just above her ass, and it was so dark. She was facing away from me, looking at herself in the mirror. Her shoulders were bare, she was wearing a corset dress, with beautiful sleeves down her arms, which were also sparkling.  Her dress was long, it was touching the floor, and I caught a glimpse of her bare thigh at the opening of the dress.

She suddenly shifted over to the left, not even caring to turn around. I was now able to see her face in the mirror.

"Need something?"

________________________________

Tell me what you think so far, the rest will be on Patreon. The link will be in my bio❤️