Chapter 4

Madeleine's POV

"What the fuck are you doing with this fucking twat?!"
"Lower your fucking tone Lisa."
"I will, once you explain who this bitch is?"

After listening to their conversation, I slowly closed my eyes, just for a few seconds. I did this to stop the tears from forming. It all happened fast but seeing another girl this close to her, and realizing she has a girlfriend...It was a tad too much. I felt disappointed, I thought this was something that I am gonna fight for and achieve.

It wasn't on rare occasions when I felt useless and stupid about myself, I kept thinking How did I find myself in this desperate situation? And how could I ever wash this embarrassment off of me? My train of thoughts faded away as I felt a cold hand, holding the nape of my neck, and another one holding my cheek.
And then slapping it, a bit too hard.

"Aye dickhead! Are you fainting again?!" My favorite weird accent, ever.
But where is her girl?
I opened my eyes and locked them with Londyn. Londyn, I thought to myself. You stuck the fork in my brain and swirled it, consumed it like spaghetti. Do you care about me, Londyn? Or do you just feel responsible? But, you showed me that you are nonchalant, you are rude and I am pretty sure there's a dark void buried deep inside of your precious, sophisticated figure.

"Fucking twat!" A half-empty bottle hit the side of Londyn's face and I could hear the girl waking off, furiously, tho I couldn't see her because of Londyn's palm covering that side of my face.

Much to my surprise, Londyn only made a grimace when she got hit, she closed that eye and twitched her lips. She didn't move nor make a sound, only a deep breath which seemed to calm her down completely.
So calm, I thought, is this what's she used to? Did this girl posses complete power over her arrogant self? I know one thing, I could never be so brave to throw anything at her, except from kisses and hugs.

I noticed, whilst the bottle was still flying towards us, she eyed it carefully. In that moment, she spun her palm over my face protectively, and once it hit her she put it back to rest on my cheek lazily. Or maybe I'm just imagining scenarios of her actually caring for me.

"Dickhead, can you speak finally?"
"Y-Yes. Sorry. Did she just...break up with you because of me?"
"None of your business, is it now?"
"N-No." Of course you shut me off.
She suddenly became very mad and aggressive.
"You know what? Just call yourself a taxi. I'm not going anywhere with you, you can take care of yourself."

And she left me there, alone in the night without any hesitation. 

Indescribable pain was I feeling, but what can a woman do? I just called myself a taxi and shed a tear or two...