𓃭♡εïз 14

"We should try. I'm a fairy too. It will listen to me!" Beomgyu convinced the man and brought him to the Tree of Life.

Taehyun had been plagued by his curse since childhood, his longing for the freedom to live without fear was explicable.

Together, they approached the tree and made their plea. They asked for the curse to be broken, not just for Taehyun, but also for his parents who had suffered under the curse for so long.

As they spoke, a warm glow began to spread through the tree. Peace and calm washed over Taehyun– something powerful was happening.

Eventually, the forest was engulfed by the night after dusk. Taehyun braced himself, waiting for the transformation to take hold. But to his surprise, nothing happened. He remained in his human form.

He couldn't believe the curse left him, after years of giving up on himself, giving up on love as he learnt to shove everyone away. Those tears rolling down his cheeks were inevitable, he had to hide his face in Beomgyu's nape, grateful beyond words.

The lights in the enchanted forest began to glow brighter, together with twinkling stars in the sky, illuminating the darkness and filling the air with hope and joy.

"I'm glad that you feel at home here. These fairies seemed to like you a lot." Taehyun pulled away from the hug to take in Beomgyu's appearance, as if trying to remember every detail of the fairy so he wouldn't forget any in the days ahead. 

"Screw the contract. You do not belong to me. Here is your home." Taehyun forced a smile. He felt a pang of sadness, seeing Beomgyu settling into the fairyland, surrounded by their buddies.

He had grown to love the fairy deeply, and he knew that he would miss them terribly if they were apart.

But he never wanted to hold Beomgyu back, to force them to stay by his side if it was against their will. Who was he to abduct Beomgyu's well-being? He had seen firsthand the damage humans could do to fairies.

"P-Promise me that you'll... you'll always be happy–" Taehyun tried not to choke on his words as he bit his lips to suppress another stream of tears. He had done his job to protect the fairy and of course, it's time that Beomgyu shall return home.

A moment of silence had tortured him, not until the fairy blurted out–

"But it doesn't feel like home without you!"

Instead of answering Taehyun's request, Beomgyu reached out and wiped away his tears with his thumbs. "I want you to be happy too, Taehyun!" They said, "and I'll be happiest when I'm with you."

Beomgyu also knew that he couldn't leave Taehyun, no matter what challenges or dangers lay ahead.

"Are you sure?" Taehyun asked.

"I found my home a long time ago." Beomgyu looked into Taehyun's eyes to convey their honesty. "I feel like I belong, I have a purpose, a reason to exist."

Taehyun loosened his shoulders in relief and quickly embraced Beomgyu into his arms. "I'm so glad you're staying with me!"

Beomgyu hugged him back, smiling warmly. "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

Taehyun chuckled. "You know, I thought it was the treats from my pixies," he joked.

Beomgyu couldn't help but laugh. "Well, I have to admit, that is a pretty good reason to stay with you."

"I knew it," Taehyun grinned, teasingly.

The night went deeper and they decided to go. As the two wrapped up the day, they saw Yeonjun and Soobin were also spending time together.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗔𝗿𝗸, 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘁, 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗮𝗶𝗿𝘆 - Taegyu✔️ 🎉