chapter twenty-four: life be lifing

Nova
Opening the flimsy box I pull out the stick and immediately place it below me in the toilet bowl. Jordan leans back against his bathroom counter cool as a cucumber, but inside I know he's freaking out. Lately I've been feeling good, but we've been having sex raw lately and just wanted to make sure. Once I am finish with my business I snap the cap on the pregnancy test and place it on the counter. Jordan sets the timer on his phone and exits the bathroom to have a seat on the edge of his bed.

"You ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine baby", he gives me a light smile.

After washing my hands of course, I take a seat next to him intertwining our fingers together.

"Hey look at me."

He slowly turns his head and I place both of hands on his chubby cheeks.

"Tell me what's on your mind."

"What if you are pregnant? What are we going to do? We are too young being parents and I understand there's consequences to having sex with no protection but the pill should work right? I just have so many questions swarming through my head right now."

"And it's ok to have questions baby if it happens it happens. We'll discuss options if the test comes back positive. From this experience what did we learn today?"

"To don't be silly and to wrap my willy. In all honesty my heart is in my ass right now I do not want to be a parent."

"Glad we're on the same boat buddy", I pat his chest.

Jordan nods his head and I grab the tv remote to put on Full House so we can calm both of our nerves down. I never thought about me being pregnant. Of course I want kids with Jordan down the line, but not right now. All I know is that I do not want that thought to become true. The alarm goes off and Jordan sprints into the bathroom to see the test results.

"What's the verdict?"

"We're not going to be parents! Baby you ain't gotta worry me anymore I'll keep buying condoms whenever we run low."

"Love to hear that!"

"Yeah this put fear in my heart I don't want any kids anytime soon."

I throw away the test in his trash can and wash my hands just going into deep thought. What would've happened if the test would've came back positive? Most definitely our parents would be disappointed for sure. But then what? Would I do the unspeakable thing because that is what I feel like is best for our future...possibly.

Entering the bedroom I see my man resting against his headboard while man spreading his legs. I see that he put on Princess and The Frog again and I quickly get under the covers to get comfortable. After all the times we have watched this, I think it's our comfort movie.

"Would you be cool with having a princess and the frog theme wedding", I look up to him.

He nods his head slowly breaking into a smile showing off his pearly whites.

"Baby you can have whatever wedding you want I'm just writing the check."

"No it's your wedding too you have the right to put in some input."

"Man all I'm going to care about is what food we having there, marrying you of course, and I want us to have private time between moving from the wedding to the reception."

"Why?"

"It went over your head baby and it's ok."

Laying back I think about what he said before it clicked.

"Oh you little nasty fucker."

Jordan's laughter erupts the entire bed as his stomachs moves in and out from how hard he's laughing.

"Can it wait until the honeymoon?"

"Girl no I'm trying to dip into that married coochie as soon as I can."

Shaking my head I lay back against his chest as we watch the part where Tiana turns into a frog.

"Where would you want to spend the honeymoon at?"

"I want to go somewhere that's out of the norm like Switzerland."

"Why Switzerland baby?"

"I don't know," he shrugs his shoulders, "it's just different than going to the Caribbean or somewhere hot. We're still young and my mind is bound to change. One thing isn't going to change though...I still want to marry you."

"Of course you do you would be dumb to miss out on me."

"Don't get too cocky now."

"I learned from the best", I fake smile.

His jaw drops and he place his hand on his chest as I try to hold my laugh in. Jordan is humble don't get me wrong ring but if I'm playing him in 2k or uno his cocky side makes a guest appearance and I hate it.

"Now you know I'm humble", he pouts.

"I know baby I was just playing."

We lay back and continue to watch the movie just enjoying being in each other's presence.

very short chapter I know this is like a filler I just wanted to put something out