chapter thirteen: you're finally mine

Jordan
It was pretty late when we got back to my house, but we made it past curfew. All of the lights were cut off meaning my entire family is asleep, but me and Nova aren't tired yet. She has been doing nothing but smiling ever since I asked her to be my girlfriend. I am happy she said yes because if she didn't we would've been fighting in the parking lot. As she walks up the stairs, I go into the kitchen to grab our tub of ice cream. I'm glad that we're moving forward when it comes to our relationship and I just hope and pray she says yes when that day comes. After I grab everything I walk upstairs to my room to see her laying down in the bed tying her headscarf. I trap my bottom lip between my teeth seeing that she's in one of my Rufus King tshirts. Y'all know what they say about girls who wear big shirts to bed...she don't got nothing on underneath. Setting the ice cream down I remove my clothes throwing them in my dirty hamper. I throw on some basketball shorts and get in the bed snuggling close to her. Nova holds the spoonful of vanilla in front of my mouth and I happily take it smiling up to her.

"I love you", I blurt out.

"I love you too", she smiles.

"No like I really do love you."

"Stop you're going to make my coochie throb", she laughs.

"Baby I'm being serious", I whine.

"Ok ok I'm sorry but I love you too I'm happy that I'm your girlfriend."

"I'm happy that I asked."

We continue staring at each other and her features remind me of why I am so in love with her. This girl is mad beautiful and I was shocked that she gave me a chance. I thought she was going to say no because she doesn't want to destroy the friendship. I don't plan on ending this the only way it's going to end is if one of us is six feet under. Our love is eternal and will continue to grow when we live our lives together in the after life.

Her hands slowly rub my abs and I groan when she gets closer to the band of my basketball shorts. I grab her wrist and softly kiss her knuckles placing her hand on my left cheek.

"Marry me?"

"Hmmm?"

It was so cute seeing confusion run through her chocolate brown eyes.

"Not right now but promise that you'll marry me."

"Ok I promise."

Sometimes I hate that my girlfriend is goofy because she doesn't take some things serious, but I'm the same way.

"I'm being serious Nova. I see you being my wife and the mother to my kids-"

"I gotta push them big headed babies out", she whines.

"Wow."

"I'm sorry for interrupting...continue."

"I just see myself being with you and only you. If we were to happen just promise we'll come back to each."

"Nothing is going to happen we're in this for life but I promise."

"I'm so happy your finally mine."

"I'm happy too because if you didn't ask me after the date we were going to be fist fighting in the parking lot."

At this point, we are soulmates I don't care what anyone else says.

"I said the same thing! If you were going to say no to being my girlfriend was most definitely put you in a headlock when we got in the car."

We both laugh and I snuggle closer to her taking in her scent. I genuinely love this girl and I know I am young, but I know that I love her and want to be with her for the rest of my life.