7

I don't usually get up late, I get up pretty early. But lately I have been getting up super early which was bothering me since I don't like mornings too much.
As I sat in my bed I decided to use this time to think, I have been here for quite a while so far and..its been good. But my Mom...Sal..what am I going to do? Sal probably thinks I'm dead while my Mom probably is dead.
I sighed.
Wait..how long have I been here?
Believe it or not, some time has past since that Slaughterfish accident. I narrowed my eyes and tried to think. It's either been a week or two weeks and I'm not sure which one it is. I suddenly felt sick.
Two weeks of not writing to Sal.
Two weeks of my Mom probably being dead.
Two weeks.
Two.

I walk down the stairs while still lost in thought until I looked up. I saw Shade sitting down alone at the table. I waved and she waved back. "Goodmorning," She greeted me. "Yeah..," Is all I said back. Shade frowned, "You okay?" She asked. I shrugged. "Just personal stuff, I'll get over it."
Shade gives me a look but doesn't say anything else. "Where is everyone else?" I ask.
I've just recently noticed that only one or two people are here in the morning and it's usually Bobis or Shade. "Lias is at his farm, Bobis is a part time courier, so she's usually gone in the morning, and me...well.. I don't really have a job yet. I guess you could say that I protect this place from thieves."
"Oh," is all I say. "Hey..I didn't know Lias had a farm." Wow. This is really sad. I've already been here for atleast a week and I barely know anything about these guys.
I'm a wreck.

Shade shifts uncomfortably in her seat. As if she doesn't want to talk about this subject. "Well it's in the next village and..thevillagehasslavesofyourkind." She spits out in a fast blurb. "Wait, what?" I process her sentence in my head.
Did she say something about slaves..of my kind? I stare at Shade. "What? Slaves? Of my kind?! Fur slaves?!" I screech. Shade flinches. "Yes, but trust me, Lias doesn't like it. He feels guilty."
"I should hope so." I hiss.
How awful..
I shudder.
"Hey..I'm gonna head to the fishery. You get extra pay if you show up early." Shade smiles. "That's good. Have fun." I smile back and make my way towards the door.

I scratch at a barrel and groan. They aren't heavy when they are empty, but if they're filled with fish it's pretty heavy. I push over the barrel and just roll it over to the docks.
This job has been really fun. Theo and Nee are my bestfriends, I enjoy being with them a lot.
I lift the barrel back on its bottom and shove it on the boat. I stop for a second and just stare at the view.
Right next to the boat is a vast land of water. You can see the mountains from here. Their snowpeaked tops make me shiver. The sun reflects off the water, turning it into a pretty orange. A gentle breeze sweeps by and I breathe in the sweet smell of the leaves.
How peaceful.
My mind lingers back to what Shade said. About Lias. About the slaves.
It sickens me, so why am I thinking of it so much?
I groan and walk back into the fishery, and gently push over another barrel. The door swings open and in comes a..
Whadda what?
A lizard man!
I stare as Sven walks over to him. They talk for a while.
I can't believe it! A Scale! My mom always said they were extinct.
A Scale is basically a thing just like me, but instead of a cat a Scale is a lizard. So, yeah. Same thing different animals.
I stop staring 'cause it was rude, and begin to roll the barrel out onto the docks again. My arms ached as I lifted the barrel on it's bottom and give a shove onto the boat. I feel someone tap my shoulder as I turn around to get another barrel. I look and see Nee, she looked very happy.
"Hi," I say.
"I need to tell you something," She whispers as she guides my towards a dark little corner sitting the alleyway next to the docks. "So..Theo wants is to come over to his place, are you in?" I stared at her. I have never went to a man's house. Unless it was to run errands with my mother.
"Uhm," I scratch my head.
C'mon Viktor! This could be your chance to mingle with your friends. After a long time of convincing, I nod my head. "Sure, I'm in."