chapter 13 : learning (Eloise)

*5 months later*

Everyone else had class, so it was only me and Caitlyn. We were sitting in her room. Her duvet cover was the comfiest thing ever, it was soft and fluffy. We sat and laughed. It was a Monday and we had a free period. We spent the 2 hours together.

After talking for a while, I realised how much I didn't really know Caitlyn. So, we started to talk and get to know each other.

"okay... do you have any food?" she asked. I nodded and passed her a box of muesli bars, fruit roll up's and chocolate. She quickly grabbed them and started to snack.

"so, what's your favourite colour?" I asked.

"ooh, it's just red" she responded "what's yours?"

"green. Uhm, how does your hair stay so silky?"

"well I have highlight's, see where it's a little lighter." Her gorgeous dirty blond hair was always so smooth and perfect. I was so jealous of it.

"nice, anyway what's your favourite book?"

"a court of thorns and roses"

"good choice!" I said. "anyway, what's your faverout food?"

"I love all food but if I had to pick one, probably a chicken burger."

"and your favourite drink?"

"lemonade."

"good choice."

We talked for ages, asking each other questions and laughing.

"can I tell you something?" Caitlyn asked.

"go ahead!" I said.

"I'm currently six months into a relationship."

"bitch! Spill!" I yelled, intrigued

"so, his name is Ethan. He's quite athletic and he has the most amazing abs, I'll just show you a photo." She told me pulling her phone out of her pocket.

In this photo was Caitlyn and Ethan. He was quite tall, tanned and Caitlyn didn't lie. Amazing abs! his hair was chocolate brown and his eye's looked like chocolate rivers. He was gorgeous, stunning and it was hard to find words to describe him. Perfect!

----------------

It was lunch and I was talking to Alexis, Allegra and Caitlyn went to go get lunch from macca's. we sat and talked like always.

"hey Elle? Can I tell you something?" she asked me

"of course, always. If you want me to hear it I will listen to you."

"thanks, okay... so basically you know how forever ago I joked that I liked Curtis?"

"like last year but yeah."

"yeah, that was a joke. Anyway. You know kai? From room 21?"

"yeah I know that guy, I do architect with him. He's quite nice. So, what about him?"

"we'll I've liked him for forever now, and we were talking the other day and it turns out he likes me, and so now I want to date him, but I'm not sure." She told me.

"you should! do you like him?" I asked

"yeah."

"doesn't he like you?"

"yeah he does."

"do you want a relationship?"

"yeah"

"date the bitch!" I yelled. Alexis smiled and thanked me.

Eventually the other two came over and we ate lunch all together. We joked about what we'd do later this week, what we'd have for dinner and when to meet up.

"hold that though!" Alexis told us as she jumped up. She ran over to the kai kid. He was slightly taller than her. I saw Alexis' smile light up as they started talking.

Kai was a tall-ish guy, his black hair was full of gel, his eyes were a brown and hazel mix. He was perfect for her.

----------------

It was after dinner and Allegra and I were in our pyjamas and having a late-night snack, like we do every night. Tonight, we made popcorn.

"hey Elle?" Allegra asked me.

"what's up?" I responded, my mouth full of popcorn.

"so basically. Uhh, how do I put this. I'm... I'm gay." She said in a soft tone.

"I know. You have been since you were 12. Your now 20!" I said confused.

"joking! Nah but I do need to tell you something." she looked serious and I was getting nervous.

"I kinda, accidently bitch slapped isabitch, then dropped her. And I might get expelled if I don't apologise by tomorrow..."

Why wasn't I surprised. But I couldn't help but burst into laughter.

"hold on, I'll be right back. Wait! No, hide in the door frame to the room and record this please." I told her. I got up off my bed and put James' dressing gown on. Allegra followed me and stuck her phone out of the door.

I walked next door to room 6, Isabelle's room. I wanted to throw up as I knocked on the door.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK

Isabelle took about 30 seconds to answer. I heard a sniff and the creek of the door. There she was, the bitchiest bitch if a bitch could bitch.

"ooh, it's you" she said. I wasn't that bad.

"hey Izzy, I just wan-" I started before Isabelle punched me in the face. I fell to the floor defenceless.

"that's what you get." She yelled stomping on my face. Breaking my nose. She kept kicking until I blacked out. I heard Allegra run over and say how she was going to apologise, and how she sent me over to make sure she was calm enough for a rational talk.

"look, I truly am sorry. But I punched you and slapped you. I didn't cause you to go into a fucking coma!" Allegra screamed. Them my mind went blank.