Chariot Race

(Jisoo POV)

The next day was sword fighting and Jun-myeon beat me much to my annoyance.

(A/N: I originally had something planned for Round 2 but I'm trying to move the story along because it gets interesting when it gets to the present.)

The final day was a chariot race to decide who was going to actually wins ice it was a tie.

They had to complete a race course memorized from memory that John had written down.

They were given 8 hours to memorize before they started at dawn.

They were to race around the city and through the woods and find something that Jennie had hid while they were memorizing.

Now they were standing in their chariots with Dalgom, my favorite stallion, ready to pull the cart.

We had to abandon the chariot halfway and ride through the rest of the city before going into the forest.

I blew out a breath and gently pulled my helmet on.

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes.

I held the reins and twisted it into my hands, my muscles rippling up my arm.

I glanced to my side and Jun-myeon had a confident smirk on his face.

My helmet stainless steel and the chain mail framed around my neck.

I didn't usually wear a helmet but I considered it because I had no idea at what lengths Jun-myeon could go

His own helmet, I felt, reflected his personality well.

Big. Extravagant. Gold-plated.

It was showing his EGO a bit much.

(A/N: Lol I originally wrote: "It gave BIG EGO vibes" and then I realized that someone 2,012 years ago wouldn't say that. 😂)

I sighed and gripped my reins harder but when Dalgom whined, I winced and let go a little.

I turned my head and looked up to see the announcer coming up.