Deja Vu

You kept on walking with about three minutes left of the walk when suddenly, you felt someone shove you aside into a dark alleyway.

You are about to scream when the person locks their arms around you and covers your mouth. You struggle to get out of the person's reach as you kick and push, but it's no use. Still, you try until the person punches you as hard as they can in the stomach and shoves you to the ground. You felt weak. Your vision started to become blurry and you were in excruciating pain. The mystery person gets on top of you and whispers in your ear, "Should've just listened and gone with me, bitch." 

That's when you realize. The mystery person was the creepy older guy from earlier in the morning. You didn't know what he was going to do to you. Tears started welling up in your eyes, and your vision was blurred even more by them. "Is he gonna kill me? Is he gonna beat me up? Is he gonna kidnap me? Or even worse. Is he gonna...rape me?" All those questions were running through your head as he raised his arm in the air and clenched his fist. 

You tremble with fear squeeze your eyes shut and hold your breath as he's about to punch you again, but after a few seconds, you don't get punched. That's when you open your eyes and look up to see a familiar figure holding the guy's fist and preventing him from punching you. "Geez. Haven't you had enough old man?" You let out a big sigh as you stop holding your breath. Thank goodness. It was Hawks yet again saving you. 

The guy grits his teeth and lets out a slight growl. "Go to hell, kid," the guy snaps. That's when Hawks smirks and says, "You first." he twists the arm he was holding, damn near breaking his arm. You can tell Hawks was hurting him by the way he yelled in pain. 

Suddenly, Hawks pushes the front of the guy to a nearby wall and pins him there with his hands behind his back. Hawks takes his phone out of his pocket and calls someone. "Yo. It's Hawks. I got a guy here. I caught him assaulting a woman in an alleyway. Mind coming to pick him up?"At that moment, you guessed he was calling the police. You groaned. You just wanted to go home. You didn't wanna be asked all these questions by the police. 

"Don't worry about the woman. I'll check her up and either bring her to the hospital or back home." Hawks says on the phone. Well, at least you didn't have to worry about that now. Hawks hung up the phone and put it back in his pocket while still holding the guy. You lay on the ground still. Your head was hurting and your stomach felt sore from being punched. 

You tried getting up on your own but a red feather stops you from doing so. "Don't try to get up. Take it easy and just stay there until this guy gets taken," Hawks says while looking at you. You frown and nod as you slowly lie back down. The feather quickly moves back to his wings.

After about two minutes or so, the police arrive and arrest the man. As soon as they take him, Hawks rushes to you and crouches down to check up on you. "Yep. It looks like you had that under control," he says, smirking and giggling. You rolled your eyes, but you also giggled a bit yourself. "Seriously though. Are you ok?" he asked as his smirk faded to a soft but serious expression. 

You could tell he was worried about you. You just didn't worry about it much though. You figured he was always like that since he's a hero. He cares about all the citizens he saves. "My head hurts. I'm pretty sure I hit it when he shoved me to the ground and I feel kind of nauseous from him punching my stomach," you reply. 

Hawks shows a face of concern. "Mind if I take a look?" he asks. You give him a stern look but you sigh and slowly lift your shirt for him to look. "Don't get any ideas," you tell him. He laughs. 

"Don't worry, kid. You're safe with me" Hawks says as he gives you a reassuring smile. "I'm sorry. "Kid"?" You weren't sure just how old Hawks thought you were. "I'm twenty." Hawks examines your belly and presses down on it lightly to see if it hurt which it did as you flinch from it.