Long ago...

"So! What would you like to know mostly about Keigo?" Eiji asked you joyfully. You didn't know where you wanted to start. You wanted to know about how Eiji and Keigo became friends, why Keigo became a hero, and how Keigo was before he became a hero. "Hmm..." you say as you think to yourself. "Well, to start, how did you and Keigo become friends?" you ask Eiji.

Eiji smiles and starts explaining. "Well, as you already know, Keigo and I met in high school and we've been friends ever since. I was a new student at the school we went to, and I was super nervous and antisocial. I didn't have any friends, nor was I good at making friends...And...I guess Keigo noticed that. Which is hilarious because Keigo was the complete opposite of me. He made friends with everyone, he was super popular, and all the girls loved him. I will admit, I kind of envied him for it back then. But, the day he came up to me to talk to me, I could tell why everyone loved him. He was super kind and welcoming, unlike the other people who just overlooked me. We hit it off well though. We found out how much we had in common, we hung out together after school. We did almost everything together," he explains. You smile at his explanation. The whole story seemed so wholesome to you, and it only made you want to ask Eiji more questions about him. "You know, I can tell you're very special to him," he begins. 

The start of that sentence caught her attention immediately. "When I first saw you with him, he seemed a lot happier than I've ever seen him before, and when you and him separated for a while, he'd come to the bar every day to see me, and he looked so...empty. He wasn't in the mood to talk about anything. He just came to have a couple of drinks and then go home." At that moment, your heart dropped. You didn't realize you had caused Keigo that much grief and sorrow. "I...never meant to hurt him. I was just...too caught up in my...engagement at the time," you explained to him. 

"Hey. It's no worries. He seems much happier now anyway that you're back," Eiji says with a sweet smile. "I'm glad you met him. For his and your sake." You felt happier now that you got some more clarification on him. "Um...One last question. What was he like as an adult and before he met me?" you asked him. He opened his mouth at first to speak, but he seemed hesitant. 

After a second, he finally spoke. "...I'll let him tell you that when he's ready. I don't wanna say something about him that he may not want you to know yet. I'm sorry." "Wow. So loyal," you thought. You smile at him and nod your head. "Oh. I completely understand. I won't pressure you into telling me. Thank you." 

"Yeah. No problem! I admire your protectiveness of his privacy," you say, still smiling. Eiji pulls his phone out of his pocket and checks his phone for the time. He frowns slightly and looks back up at you. "Crap. I gotta get going. I have my shift at the bar soon," he says. "OK. I understand. It was nice meeting up and thank you for getting me out of that mob earlier," you say, trying to show your appreciation for him. 

"No problem! I'm sure it's what Keigo would have wanted," he says cheerfully. With that, he gets up from his seat across from you, grabs his jacket, and gives you one last smile. "I hope we meet again, Ms. Y/N," he says before walking off. You finish taking the last few bites of your cinnamon roll and leave the cafe yourself.

You had decided to spend a little while longer at the mall. You walked around the busy place and went into a few stores that caught your eye on the way. You went to a few clothing stores, a makeup store, and a shoe store. By the time you felt tired of shopping, you had a few store bags in hand with mostly clothing, but also a few makeup products, and a new pair of sneakers. Things were going great and you felt refreshed...until you saw Kosei and Shiro. 

Your heart sank as you saw them at a fragrance store, flirting with each other and browsing through fragrances and candles. It had looked like Shiro drug Kosei along into the store because she had seemed eager to show him different scents. "Well, way to ruin my day," you thought as your neutral smile turned into a frown. You continued on your way out of the mall, the moment you saw Shiro and Kosei playing in your head over and over again like a broken record. You felt so down. You hadn't felt like this since the day you saw them in bed together, and before you passed out and had to go to the hospital.