Sanctuary

Y/n's dress

From another location

Esmeralda: "Oh, boys! Over here!"

She leads the guards on a wild chase. At one point, she knocks a large cage containing an old prisoner to the ground. It goes rolling away, until it comes to a stop and the lock breaks open. He steps out.

Old Prisoner: "I'm free, I'm free!"

He trips and falls into the stockade, which closes and locks.

Old Prisoner: "Dang it."

Meanwhile, Esmeralda continues to evade the guards. At one point, she and Djali jump on top of the crowd, which carries them away to safety. Two guards attempt the same move, and the crowd quickly moves away. She grabs a helmet from one of the guards, and throws it like a frisbee. It hits three guards and knocks them out, before almost chopping Phoebus' head off.

Phoebus: "What a woman!"

Two guards on horseback are chasing Esmeralda. As she leaps over Frollo's stand, someone throws the guards a staff. Each holding onto an end, the horizontal staff slices through Frollo's stand, sending him diving for cover. Esmeralda ascends to the top of a stand, then promptly disappears.

Frollo: (To Phoebus) "Find her, Captain! I want her and the gypsy boy alive!"

Phoebus: "Yes, sir. Seal off the area, men. Find the gypsy girl and boy, and do not harm them!"

Frollo has ridden over to Quasimodo. He hangs his head low.

Quasimodo: (whispering) "I'm sorry, master. I will never disobey you again."

He moves to the entrance to the cathedral as the rain begins to fall. He goes in, then slowly closes the door to his freedom. Dissolve forward in time to Phoebus and the guards searching for Esmeralda. She is disguised, again with Djali as the old man. She sneaks into the church. Phoebus sees her and recognizes who it is. He follows her in alone. As he comes up behind her, she turns and grabs his sword.

Esmeralda: "You!"

She forces him to the floor, holding him there with the tip of his sword at his chin.

Phoebus: "Easy, easy--I just shaved this morning."

Esmeralda: "Oh, really? You missed a spot."

Phoebus: "All right, all right. Just calm down. Just give me a chance to apologize."

Esmeralda: "For what?"

As she lets down her guard for a split second, Phoebus grabs the sword from her hands and turns it on her.

Phoebus: "That, for example."

Esmeralda: "You sneaky son of a--"

Phoebus: "Ah, ah, ah! Watch it--you're in a church."