XXVI - NEW BEGINNING

Amor's POV

I smiled widely as Tito quietly opened the door for me. I bit my lower lip when I saw her sleeping next to her mom. Solace was lying face down on the bed while tita was lying on her side, facing her. They were both embracing each other tightly, and even snoring softly. When Tito saw that, we both chuckled and shook our heads in amusement.

They are tired.

But I will not deny, seeing tita and Solace having this kind of proximity as a mother and daughter, will warm someone's heart. They look cute. From here, I can see how much they longed for each other. Parang ayaw nilang pakawalan ang isa't isa sa higpit ng yakap.

"Kagabi pa 'yan sila, ayaw nga akong itabi ni Sozanna sa gilid niya." mahinang reklamo ni tito at sinara ang pinto.

"They miss each other,"

"Miss ko rin ang anak ko, Rie," sagot nito at lumabi. Napatawa ako nang mahina.

Sol's parents are just soft as her.

I thank the heavens for letting Solace got it from them. She's just gentle as the pillow.

"Maupo ka muna, Rie. Tapusin ko lang ang ginagawa roon, nilalabhan ko kasi ang mga damit na ginamit ng dalawa kagabi." tito said and got a chair for me.

"Thank you po,"

As he excused herself and headed to the bathroom, I delicately placed the small cake beside me, stealing glances at Solace. A faint smile played on my lips. Recalling last night's events, I realized that I had the opportunity to touch her again, which left me feeling a bit fatigued now. My mind hasn't found rest, constantly pondering on how I can regain Solace's affection again. Though she didn't explicitly express it, it appears she wants me to court her, and I'm more than willing to oblige.

Just like I told her, babawi ako. I'll do everything.

I found myself instinctively caressing the ring dangling from my neck. Oh, how I longed for her presence. Never did I anticipate encountering her in front of the church after six long years. It took me by surprise, but I felt a sense of relief that she had finally returned. There's so much I need to clarify, and I'm earnestly eager to offer my apologies for everything.

I felt regretful about letting her go. However, witnessing her in a positive state, with a genuine smile adorning her lips, made me realize that I shouldn't. I don't want to harbor any regrets, especially now that she stands before me as a Licensed Architect. I am proud of her for achieving this milestone.

This is her dream and I would never stopped her from pursuing it.

Everything I said last night was the truth, being without her by my side caused me immense suffering too. I thought I could handle it at first, but I was wrong. Each day that passes without her by my side, I realized how empty my heart is without her. Every night, I am besieged by countless questions and tears, repeatedly seeking forgiveness from the air, and endlessly uttering words from my heart.

It has been an arduous journey, but I persisted, all for my love.

Back then, I kept telling myself that I needed to pull myself together, believing that when we met again, I would be capable of doing the right things. I persuaded myself that eventually, everything would fall into place, and I was proven right. That day finally arrived, and little by little, I started to get myself sorted out.

"Rie? Ikaw ba 'yan, anak?" marahan akong tumango nang magsalita si tita. Naupo siya sa kama at inayos ang buhok.

"Good morning po, tita," I greeted and stood up. Lumapit ako sa kaniya and nagmano. "Pasensya po kung andito na agad ako."