✪ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹 ✪

Christmas was right around the corner but there were still a few school days left. It took a weirdly short amount of time to convince my dad to let me go back, Clint on the other hand was the one to make most resistance and wanted me to be home tutored.

My bruises and black eye had faded away and the only visible thing was a thin scar on my neck after the knife, fortunately, it was only noticeable when looking straight at it and from a closer distance.

As I sat down in Happy's car I noticed one black SUV in front of us and one behind us, at least I would not have to worry about my safety when going back to my sort of public life, I thought to myself.

"You will always have one agent following you in school from now on Samantha" Happy told me while driving out of the garage, "no one on the outside knows about him so it is of the most importance that you just act like normal." "Who is it?" I asked him. "That is confidential." I furrowed my brows in confusion, "why?" Happy sighed annoyed at my question, "your dad does not see any threats towards you right now and decided that a young man, who recently became an Avenger, will look after you when you have school. To not draw any more suspicion your way it is for the best if you carry on with your days like you did three weeks ago, and do not speak to anyone out of the ordinary."

He drove the rest of the way in silence, I did not want to ask too much but found it weird how I would not know about the agent.

Instead of parking in the alley, he drove all the way to the school's entrance. "Talk about being discrete" I sighed at him as I quickly jumped out and saw the three cars drive away.

"Wow, are you a princess or perhaps a super spy" a bright voice sounded to my left. In panic, I only laughed it away and put my arm in an arm lock with Ned, who looked at me with wide eyes.

"It is not mine, I got a ride with my dad's friend." Technically, it was true, and Ned seemed to believe me. "Any chance I can ride with you or was this just a one-time thing" he pleaded. "Someday, I promise you." I replied when we walked into the school and made our way to the lockers. I truly wanted to keep my promise, and knowing Happy's weakness for Downton Abbey I would possibly be able to trade him a couple of autographs from the cast, in return for us to pick up Ned on our way to school one day.

"I missed you, but why did you go AWOL for such a long time?" Ned leaned against the locker next to mine. "Oh, I got the flu" was my quick lie.

"It was actually very empty without you, especially since Peter never shows up here anymore." I froze, "what, Peter loves school" I burst out in shock. "Apparently not anymore" he sighed.

"Speak of the devil" I turned around at Ned's words and saw Peter walking towards us with two books under his arm. "Hey, man!" Ned threw himself at Peter, he looked tired but relieved to see us two, yet he avoided making eye contact with me.

"Where have you been pal? I am starting to worry about you." Peter mumbled something, inaudible for me to hear, in Ned's ear. Ned's reaction to his words piqued my interest but I did not have to try to figure it out, instead the boy shrieked "you are working for Mr. Stark!"

It felt as if time stopped, one of my two newly made friends had started working for my dad. My body filled with anger, no one this young should be involved in anything my dad was working on or needed. I wanted to call my dad just to yell at him, for not only being a bad father but for putting a death sentence on Peter.

When I and the boys started walking to our first lesson I remembered the agents Happy had spoken about, that could not be Peter, or could it?

Every forenoon lesson I felt a pair of eyes being burrowed into my back, it was Peter's. Even when we sat in the same row or he was in front of me, I caught him stealing glimpses of me and it made me feel uncomfortable. He never acted like this, perhaps he was the agent, but I prayed he was not.