Call me Icarus

I am going to my appointment and then meet Harry. So don't wait up. He sends the text to his mother only realizing later she doesn't know who Harry is. She probably thinks he is one of his friends.

"Tell me two good things that happened to you in the past few days," Dr. Horan says.

"Why not three Doctor?" He questions instead.

"No reason. It's just what came to my mind,"

"Let's talk about three, I like that number," He sounds petulant he knows but he can't shake off the feeling. It's a pattern and they should follow it.

"I am the Doctor here," Dr. Horan says sternly and writes something into the diary.

"You should really change your diary," Zayn speaks his mind for the first time. The color irritating him today more than ever.

"Why?" As usual, there is no change in the expression on Docto's face as he calmly asks.

"Why? I don't like it,"

"The diary or the color?" The itch starts in his fingers yet again as he fumbles with the loose thread on the couch, racking his brain for an answer. It just won't provide any.

Irritated more than ever he says, "For God's sake I will buy you a new one just don't use this one," Just then his phone dings and Zayn notices him checking his new text, and a weird expression crosses on his face which intrigues him.

Focussing back on him, he sets the diary aside "I get it you don't like my diary, so let's talk about yours,"

"What about it?" He questions almost too defensively.

"Do you have one too? Do you write in it daily?"

"Are these your two questions of the day?" He relaxes on the couch. "Actually, today let's just do one question?"

"Did you ever read what you write in them?"

"No," He answers thinking it's stupid. Why will he write his own entry? It's not like he doesn't remember any. It's his own life after all.

"Reading is good maybe you should," He just nods. It's not like he can read them even if he wanted to. He has lost all his previous diaries.

***

When he goes back to his bedroom he finds them. Neatly kept in the middle of his bed. All his diaries, the ones he was he had lost them.

He thinks maybe Trisha found them for him, so he sits beside them and thinks maybe he should give it a try and actually do what Dr. Horan has told him at the session today.

27 June 2018

I got a new job today. I am an art handler at the Icarus House Museum. It's not much nor do I intend to keep doing it for long. But for now, it helps me pay rent. We got this new apartment. By the way, 'we' imply Louis and me. He intends on following me to the end of the world. These few upcoming days are going to be hectic with a new job, a new place, and an old best friend.

30 June 2018

Remember when I said, these few upcoming days are going to be hectic, well they are not anymore. I met a boy today. The prettiest boy, he works at the museum too. I don't want to sound all gooey but he has the most charming smile and he has got dimples. Could you believe it? I think he probably hates me though. A teeny tiny expensive accident happened today at the museum. I almost broke some 100 thousand years old vase and being a conservator he almost flipped until the manager pinned all the blame rightfully on me. I was sure he was going to scold me but he didn't, he just kept staring at me.

2 July 2018

I think the pretty boy definitely hates me. He won't even look at me whenever he needs any help he would ask Roy but not me. We work in the same department for god sake. Is he still upset? Should I go apologise? Louis thinks I am obsessing over him.

12 July 2018

I told him I am sorry for what happened earlier. He just kept staring at me again probably because he wasn't expecting me to talk to him at all. But instead of replying he just ran away ignoring me, again. Am I that bad?

23 July 2018

He asked me to get a coffee together during our break. This time I was the one staring at him blankly not able to believe the words that came out of his mouth. But he confirmed looking at the expression on my face that it was in fact what he had said. We talked a little. He told me he moved here last year and I am glad I took this job. At the end of the break time I did in fact ask him why he won't talk to me earlier and he was back to just staring at me but this time I think there was a faint blush. Very faint but it was there. God, I love when he acts shy. I love his smile. I love his eyes. His dimples. I think I like him too much already.

8 August 2018

We meet regularly during our break time now. Each day he tells me about the artifact he is working on. Yesterday it was about that age-old painting of Apollo. It ended up being about Icarus and him when Harry told me the owner himself was too attached to the story that he named the museum after him. He had this smile on his face which only faltered a little when we talked about how they ended. I immediately disliked the story of Apollo and Icarus. I hate sad endings. But Harry said love is never about whether the two of you end up together or not. It's always about the journey and I think he might be right but I still don't like sad endings. Sorry, not Sorry.

25 August 2018

Sometimes I feel like Harry resembles Apollo. He is always too bright for me. I just hope I'll be able to look through the light. 

***

Note: Are we ready for a twist? Told you something different is coming. P.S. Just don't hate me for it.