Chapter 5 - Daydreaming

Work was the usual drib drab. People coming in to moist themselves over the anime figures, underage teens trying to buy Grand Theft Auto with a note from their 'mother' saying its allowed. Even if she was allowed to accept a note from their parents, she would still refuse it. The best encounter she had today was an elderly man offering to be her sugar daddy. Jade admits, he made a good offer, but it was a no. Thank you, never come again sort of moment. It was just Jade and the manager today, which usually means it's just her by herself until her shift ends. Clicking her tongue, she scout's the store.

"Empty, good." She whispers and exits the counter side, making her way to the shop floor. With her arms folded and foot tapping away, she's pondering wether she should buy a new headset. Forking out a lot of money for some guy she barely knows just to chat to? She talks herself out of a new purchase. If she uses the one she already has and it turns out that this Tomura is a weirdo to talk to, she can just say it's broken in the future. Problem solved and avoided.

'Ding Ding'

Jade pulls her phone out of her pocket.

Skep-shit -

"Good morning, Jade. This is a reminder that you have an upcoming meeting with your father this Friday. 1100. Your expected leave is Saturday. 1000.

Do not be late."

"Fuck off" Jade mutters to her phone, shoving it back into her back pocket. That has just dampened her mood. A meeting with her 'father'. It's more of a monthly catch-up to remind her how inferior she is to him. How she will never live up to the Yotsubashi name. The only reason she attends these little chats is because he has funded her the apartment she has. Until she can afford to pay that asswipe back she is done and will never have anything to do with that fucking overzealous army of his.

"Oi, I want to buy this game! Are you paid to work here or just to stand there??" This guy. Jade rolled her eyes and muttered 'stupid shit' while taking her sweet time to get back behind the counter.

"What." She said harshly. She wants this day to be over already.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Message sent, sir. I don't expect a reply from the brat." Skeptic snarkly said. He can't stand the girl. Why she still exists, he will never know. There must be something, a reason for why Re-Destro has kept this girl around for years.

Re-Destro stands at the huge open planned windows. The view is quite remarkable. It can see the whole city. He is the king in this tower, overlooking his loyal supporters for a world with quirk freedom. The power to allow everyone with a quirk be free to use their quirks without restriction. A meta society. The meta-liberation army.

"She won't reply. She is probably seething right now. Knowing she has to visit me once more." He knows she hates it here. So why he keeps inviting her back? Its all about apperances. He knows he should have killed her all those years ago. What does he want with a quirkless girl? Absolutely nothing. His mind wanders to the time he came across her. She was a small, fragile, delicate wonder.

When he received a report about a trespasser on his grounds, he had to investigate in person. Whoever it was must be extremely clever or stupid.When he arrived at the scene, he didn't expect a tiny, malnourished girl to have infiltrated his city. How did she get out here?