Chapter 6 - Seeing Red

It has been a couple of hours since they've started the gaming session. At first, they were both apprehensive to speak much, but as soon as they got started into their game, Shigaraki and Jade had grown somewhat comfortable in a short amount of time. 

The light dew from the TV was all that was illuminating Shigaraki's room, his eyes glued to his character on the screen, and he occasionally turned to see if she was still in the session with him. He smiles, knowing that he has her undivided attention. Despite his judgement of girl gamers in the past, he must say that she is actually quite good. A skilled gamer and learner. 

He snaps out of his thoughts when he doesn't see her character on the screen. He decides to hunt her down on the map. 

"Where have you gone?" Slight irritation in his voice.

"Oh, I saw a loot crate on the map. I thought I said... sorry. " Her sweet little apology distinguishes his irritation.

'Found you' His character is now across hers on a different roof. Just watching her try and get this crate is quite the sight. He can hear her voice growing irritated at the fact she can't get this crate. 

"Howler to your left. Try not to alert it this time." Shigaraki's tone came across flat, but he had slight jest to it. 

"Er, it wasn't my fault last time! You said to go left, and there were shitloads there! Plus, it's dark! So don't put that on me!" Snappy little replies means shes getting annoyed... She was totally against the idea of playing the game in night mode. It was terrifying! The mood at night was so tense, full of the infected creatures roaming, all different types, and in her defence, you can never tell what is what at night. They're all as deadly at night than the daytime. 

"Howler to your right." He is just tormenting her now, just to get under her skin. The way her responses have been indicates she is stressing already. He loved it. To hear the shakiness in her voice. 

"You said left!? SHIT, FUCK SAKE!! I'VE FALLEN OFF OF THE ROOF, WHERE ARE YOU? I NEED REVIVING! OH MY GOD THERES LOADS! TOMURA HELPPP!!" Jade is currently tapping rapidly at her controller, like it will help fight off the mass surrounded her character. Her palms are sweaty and she's ready to bin this game off, it has just got ridiculously hard. 

"Hm. I'm busy fighting off the fucking horde you gathered." Smugly he's taking his sweet time slicing and dicing the undead, just to make her sweat that little bit more.

"Oh my fucking god. THERE'S A VOLATILE! WILL YOU PLEASE HELP ME, IM GOING TO LOSE XP IF I DIE!" She has around 20 seconds left before she is dead. The sheer panic and terror in her voice is stirring something inside Shigaraki.

"Beg me." 

Did she just hear him correctly? He wants her to beg to be revived? She isn't going to beg, she would rather lose the xp than her dignity. Idiot. 

"Are you serious? I'm not going to fucking beg you." She snapped out of her gaming mood, dropping her controller into her lap and arms folded. 

"Why would you say something like that? It's just weird. I'm dead now so thanks for the fucking help." She is in a real crappy mood now, nobody tells her what to do. Not even the moronic customers at work. So why should she take this dudes stinky attitude all of a sudden. 

They were playing along just nicely and he goes and ruins it.

"I've had enough. Bye."