6

2 days have passed since the game. I'm still thinking about what that guy said. Who is hatter and what does he want with me? And why Chishiya doesn't want me to go to the beach? How dangerous is it? I kept asking myself. I left my house and went on a walk. While I was walking I saw the climber girl from my first game. And so I walked up to her.

"Hey" I said with a half smile.

"Hi" she said

"I'm Yui, what's your name"?

"I'm Usagi," she said.

"Well Usagi want to be allies"? I said her

She nodded and told me to meet her at a place where she thinks a game might happen.

Couple of hours later, I met her at a tunnel. She was with Arisu. We all walked to a bus that was inside the tunnel. In the bus we saw three guys, one of them was injured. All three of us walked to the table that had phones.

"You're not newbies" one of the guys said.

"And who are you"? Usagi said.

"We are the guys who cleared four games together. We met at our first game and now we work together",the injured guy said.

"But we might need more if we're gonna clear this one" The third guy said.

"And your leg? Are you hurt"? Usgai asked.

"Ah… I twisted it a bit". The injured male said.

"In the game? Arisu asked.

The injured male nodded. I think he was lying, but I might be wrong.

"Okay the game's starting," Arisu said.

"Registration is now closed. The game is about to commence. Difficulty, four of clubs. There are a total of six participants. Game, Distance". The announcer announced.

"Distance"? Arisu said.

"Rule. Endure the trail while striving the goal within the time limit. Clear condition. Safely attain the goal. The announcer said.

"What is this"? The injured man said.

"The game will now commence. 120 minutes remaining. The announcer explained.

"Does this mean we have to run"? The scared injured man asked.

"What do you think, Kam? The dark blonde said.

"Distance. Zero". Kam said.

"We have to run? On the highway? The scared injured boy asked yet again.

"Uh run," The injured boy asked. As soon as he got up he fell back down and groaned in pain.

"Takuma. Just relax", the male said.
"Sit down, sit down". Kam said while he and the other guy started walking away.

"I think these old buses are from the 70s. They all have V8 engines. Let's hope it starts. Come on baby"!he said while starting the bus. Crap it's out of gas".

"Looks like we have to run", Usagi said.

"Go on, leave me here," Takuma said.

We all looked at him and I proceeded to give him a look. The guy that I still don't know his name said

"Takuma! Listen to me".

"Just leave him here, I'll stay with him" I said.

"Yui you can't" Arisu and Usagi said at the same time.

"It's fine. There's something weird about this anyway so I'm gonna stay here and figure it out. I feel like this bus is the goal". I said

They nodded and started walking.

"I hope you're not wrong," Arisu said.

"I don't think I am, I've learned that my instincts are usually right"? I replied

"110 minutes remaining" The announcer reminded us.

I watched them run trying to find the goal.

"90 minutes remaining," the announcer said.

I walked out of the bus and looked at it. I felt my eyes widened.

"Their running for no reason" I yelled

I ran in the bus and tried to get the bus working.

"What do you mean, they're running for no reason". Takuma said.

"The bus is the goal," I said while hot-wiring the bus.

" Dammit!" I screamed.

"Hey! Hey!" Arisu screamed.

"Arisu! Arisu, the bus is the goal! I screamed.

His eyes widened.

"Five minutes remaining," The announcer reminded us.

Arisu brought a bike and helped me hot-wire the bus. As soon as we got the bus running we drove to Usagi. On The way to Usagi I pressed the horn to let her know we're here.

"Usagi!" Arisu screamed.

"Arisu"! She screamed back.

They both reached out their hands and Arisu managed to pool Usagi in the bus. The bus ended up falling sideways and so the water took the bus. I hit my head so hard I ended up blacking out. I heard Usagi calling Arisu's name. We ended up getting out. I was standing on the side of the bus and started to look around. I saw that Arisu and Usagi helped Takuma out of the bus. They all looked at the side of the bus and saw that it was their goal.

"You were right, the bus is the goal," Takuma said.

"Game cleared. Congratulations" Announcer said.

" For now we're gonna trust your instincts, Yui," Arisu said.

"Yes, we are," I mumbled.

We got off the bus. Suddenly Takuma started limping away.

"Hey, hey wait where are you going"? Arisu asked.

"I, uh… I have no idea. But I hope that we'll meet again" Takuma said.

"I hope we don't" I mumbled.

Usagi must have heard me because she pushed me. All three of us watched Takuma limb away. All three of us started to walk near a bridge. When we got there Arisu told us about the beach.

"The beach"? Usgai said.

"Maybe the people who disappeared are there," Arisu said.

"Could it be some kind of evacuation shelter"? Usagi asked Arisu.

"It's more like a party house," I said.

They both looked at each other then to me.

"Don't ask how I know that," I said.

We ended up riding bikes to find the beach