Chapter 8

I woke up to darkness. I blinked and sat up only to realise it was a horrible mistake. My body felt as if it had been thrown off a cliff two or three times. Hitting each and every jagged rock. I lifted my throbbing arms to look at my hands, and saw that they were fine. No scratches, not even a single cut that I could see from the moon light.

I looked around the room, thinking I was at Kristoph's house. I soon found out I was wrong. It seemed that sometime while I was out that someone had moved me back to my old house. I layed in my own bed? Why was I here? Where was Kristoph? Was he hurt? My eyes began to give off a red glow. My own room seemed like a place of death with the errie red glow.

I sucked in a breath and sat up. I let the breath out jagged and rough. Since I got through that part I stood up slowly and carefuly, like I use to. Walking over to the door felt like being whipped everywhere at once. I opened the door, and realized that someone had fixed it. I walked out in the hall and walked down the hall. I turned to go into the parlor when Kristoph apeared out of thin air.

I jumped an nearly fell backward, but Kristoph caught my hand. He steadied me then let go. I looked up at him, and he looked away.

"Whats wrong?" I asked as I reatched out to him. He backed away from my hand and didnt say anything. My hand dropped and I felt like he'd slapped me in the face. I slowly felt the red fade away from my eyes. I didn't know if I could contain my hurt for long. As I turned my head away, Kristoph looked at me.

"We should talk, Lucinda." Kristoph said as he turned his back to me, and walked into the parlor. He sat in Anthony's chair. I held back the tears, but for how long. I sat in my chair, where I had sat through many deaths, illnesses, and heartaches. "Lucinda, I dont know that I can stay long."

"What do you mean?"

"I have to leave town." I looked at his turned away face as he said that "he" had to leave town. I grew more and more upset as the time slipped by. Finaly after a few minutes I stood up and walked out of the room. I ran outside, and felt like I was flying. I ran with my eyes changing color so fast my head spinned alittle bit. From red to orange, then yellow, green, blue, and lastly purple. I stopped as soon as I was far enough away from the house, so far away that not only I couldn't see it. I didn't know where I was. I slumped to the ground and looked at the world through my newly found eye color.

Did Kristoph know about these colors? Wait why do I care? That pig didn't care about me. Only himself, and his life. I heard someone coming toward me, and fast. I turned my head just in time to see Kristoph stop afew feet away. I didn't turn my head all the way, as not to frighten him with my eyes.

"Lucinda, please come back to the house. We need to finish our talk." he said in a pleading voice. The one I was used to hearing from him. I didn't move, and neither did he. "Please Lucinda, Come home with me." he said as he took a step forward. I moved away from him the same distance he moved forward. He flew at me this time, ever so gentally grabbing me up from the ground and standing me up.

I looked him in the face and fell back to the ground when his hands came away from my arms. I looked at the ground and heard him gasp. I didn't move, or speak. Kristoph on the other hand was not so quiet. He started yelling. I wasn't sure if he was yelling at me or something else. I felt him hit the tree next to me, then I heard it snap an fall to the ground. He broke the tree! My God I hadden't known he was that strong?

I felt myself be lifted off the ground again, and this time he didn't let go of me. He held me off the ground like a babe, and I felt the wind. Way before I heard it. Kristoph was running, and I didn't know if I liked him touching me. I couldn't move? What was going on? My head fall away from his chest, and a second later he tightened his grip of me. He ran past things I didn't remember. He came to a slow as he came out of the tree line. We were somewhere on the coast? We didn't even have a coast close to our town. How far away were we?