Chapter 1

Three figures sat in a room. The clock chimed. Signalling to the third figure he was to take his leave.

"Go," Nina said in a solemn tone "Be at peace."

She said to the man sitting down. He kissed her hand thanking her before walking out of the room. As soon as he was down the hall the strange man with the cane appeared, Nina never told Demetri the peculiar man's name Only that he could help them get Matthias back. Get him his brother back.

"Oh," Nina began when she noticed him "You." She didn't look happy to see him.

A few moments later she had let him in, She took off the cloak or kefta as she called it "Saints, I hate this thing," She Sighed pulling on a dressing gown to replace it.

"What's wrong with it?" The strange man asked.

"It isn't made right. And it itches." She replied as she threw herself onto the chair

"Ahhh," She sighed contently. "So much better." He moved to sit down on her right side as she shoved a cake into her mouth and mumbled, "What do you want Kaz?"

"You have crumbs on your cleavage," He stated not answering her question.

"Dont care," She said taking another bite. "So hungry."

The Kaz man shook his head with an amused look on his face. "Was that Van Aakster, the merch?" He asked.

"Yes."

"His wife died a month ago, and his business has been a wreck. Now that he's visiting you, Can we expect a turnaround?"

"I expect you'll see a change," Nina said finishing off the last cake and setting it outside for the maid.

"Excellent." Kaz replied, he hesitated before saying "You make him feel better, ease his woe and all that... But could you compel him to do something? Maybe make him forget his wife?"

"Alter the pathways in his mind? Don't be absurd."

"The brain is just another organ,"

"Yes, but it's an incredibly complex one. Controlling or altering..." Was all Demetri Could listen to after he moved to the pile of pillows and blankets near Nina's Sofa, Falling asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

————————————————————————

Demetri had hung back in the shadows whilst the others talked to his brother. Matthias looked different his hair was cut short and very roughly, He looked almost too different compared to the old Matthias

"Did You forget about me, brother?"

====================================

This chapter was short and left on a bit of a cliffhanger but Chapter 2 will be longer and out by this time next week.