Chapter two.

2 ╱ Glimpse of Relief to Make Sense of What You've Seen

tw: mention of a rape victim

UNFORTUNATELY for Juneau, her insomnia combined with the fact that her younger sister came home from soccer practice with a stomach bug,  the young adult wasn't able to get much sleep

UNFORTUNATELY for Juneau, her insomnia combined with the fact that her younger sister came home from soccer practice with a stomach bug,  the young adult wasn't able to get much sleep. She hardly got enough time to rest as is; She was now a few weeks into her intern year and it was not getting easier. Honestly, she was surprised her fingers hadn't fallen off yet from the amount of charting she'd been doing. Since her sister was the clingy type when she was sick ━━ Gianina took it upon herself to take refuge in Juneau's bed.

This of course meant that Juneau had nearly fallen off of her own bed multiple times that night, as her sister's small thirteen-year-old body somehow managed to take up the majority of Juneau's queen-sized mattress. How? It was a mystery to her too.

Juneau prayed the small cold would pass onto her brother instead of her, seeing as she couldn't afford to miss work, at least not this early in her career. The dark-haired woman was now sitting on a bench in the intern locker room, her head in her hands as she attempted to keep herself awake. (She was failing). The twins' babysitter had been more than kind and offered to come over earlier that morning while they were still asleep so that Juneau wasn't late for work. Usually, she would arrive when Juneau was already a few hours into her shift, but her coming over early was perfect. As she sat on the bench once again contemplating her life choices, she pulled out her small purple notebook writing a reminder to tip her extra today. She just couldn't wait for when the twins' school year started, it was going to make her life a whole lot easier.

Only now, she was stuck listening to George and Izzie beg Meredith to let them move in with her. The blonde had posted a flyer on the locker room's corkboard, asking for two roommates. She was very clear about the type of roommates she wanted ━━ stating the following: non-smokers, absolutely no Bush supporters, and no pets. The two interns' attempts at persuading her however were failing, seeing as they were in the same intern group and had to work together every day, and living with them as well would be. . . a lot, to say the least.