Chapter six.

6 ╱ The Tumor of Tumors

JUNEAU struggled to keep up with Bailey as the interns followed her across the bridge, on their way to round on Alex's patient. She was severely sleep-deprived, and was hoping for something exciting to happen sooner or later, she needed a better pick-me-up than the current coffee she was drinking.

Coffee used to do good in waking her up, but Juneau was practically immune to it by now.

       "Cristina, you're late." Bailey said sternly, hardly even sending the woman a glance as she and Meredith rushed up to join the group, both of them sliding into place as if they'd been there the whole time.

        "So is Meredith!" She defended, pointing at the blonde, but Bailey only ignored her and kept walking. Juneau turned her head to look at Cristina, frowning when the woman went out of her way to avoid meeting her eye.

"When we walk in this door, you will maintain decorum," Bailey stated in a firm tone, turning around to face her interns as they stopped outside of a patient's room. "You will not laugh, vomit, or drop your jaw. Are we understood?"

Izzie cocked her head in confusion as she looked at her superior, asking the question everyone else was thinking. "Why would we laugh?"

"Oh, just wait," Alex whispered. (Or, tried to. He was still a very terrible whisperer).

Bailey opened the door and sent a warm greeting to the patient lying on the bed. "Good morning, Ms. Connor."

"Good morning," She replied, smiling at Alex.

When everyone was finally in the room and situated, their eyes widened when they caught sight of the tumor on the woman's body. Seriously, there was no way to miss it.

"Woah." Juneau mumbled, a bit too loudly from her place next to Bailey. The resident quickly turned to her with a glare, and the intern quickly shut her mouth and pursed her lips. All of a sudden she wasn't so tired anymore.