two

gracie had just finished her last show of her tour and was surprisingly not tired, which was good since her manager told her that there had been an after party set up downstairs of the venue. once she made it back to her dressing room, she took the time to change into something different and touch up her hair and makeup. once she was satisfied, she made her way downstairs and was immediately greeted by one of her friends pulling her in a hug.

"you were so good," says liv, hugging her again as gracie giggles. "like, so fucking good, dude."

"aw, thank you," she replies, smiling. "i'm so glad you're here, but i need a drink. where are they?"

"oh, bar's just on the other side of the room. i'll catch up with you in a bit?"

"yeah, perfect." gracie walks away from olivia and makes her way to the bar, ordering herself a drink. once she has a sip, she notices joe's co-star a little bit further down the bar ordering a drink for himself. "hey!" she says, walking over to him. he looks at her and gives her a slight smile.

"oh, hi."

"thanks for coming, uh... i know we've never really met before, so i appreciate it," gracie says, expecting something in return, but instead he seems somewhat cold.

"yeah."

gracie frowned to herself. joe always talked about how nice kit was, and yet here he was, kind of being a dick. "do you say more than two words?" she asks him, beginning to appear frustrated.

"i've had a shit day, to be honest, and i just want to be in bed so i'm sorry if i'm not feeling up for a long conversation," kit says, and gracie is shocked.

"fine then. be a dickhead." she walks away after that to find more of her friends.

"you know, kit was an asshole to me tonight," gracie says to her brother as they're in an uber on the way back to the airbnb that gracie had booked for a week.

"what? that's a joke, right?"

"no."

"what'd he say?" joe asks.

"so i saw him and the bar and went over to say hi, and he barely said anything. i then made a joke and was like 'do you ever say more than two words' and then he got all pissy and said he had a long day and didn't even want to be at my party," gracie explains, and joe raises his eyebrows.

"wow. shit. that doesn't sound like him at all. i can text him and see what's up because it sounds like something happened? but even then, he's never been a dick to me and especially people he's never met before."

"maybe he just likes you," she mutters. "so that's why he's nice. he's probably a dick to people he sees and doesn't like, like me."

"no. definitely not. he's nice to everyone. that's like, his thing, i guess."

"whatever," gracie sighs. "he was rude. i don't care what he has going on in his life, you don't just act like that towards someone you've never even spoken to!"