four

gracie didn't think she would really encounter kit again after her party, but she was wrong. it was her brother's birthday and she was invited to get drinks with him and his friends, which she accepted. gracie didn't consider that his friends included kit, so when she took a seat next to her brother, she hadn't realized kit was on her other side until she looked over at him. she silently groaned and made conversation with the others on her side. however, kit tapped her arm eventually and she looked at him.

"what?" she snaps.

"hey, i just wanted to talk to you. do you mind stepping away from the table for a bit?" on one hand, gracie wants to be just as rude to him as he was to her two weeks ago, but she reluctantly nodded, following kit away from the table that was outside to the smoking area which was empty.

"what do you need to talk to me about?" gracie asks, crossing her arms.

"i feel really shit about how i spoke to you when i saw you after your show," kit starts.

"yeah, you should feel shit about it."

"i'm not ever like that. i swear. i just... i had a really shit day before i came to see you perform and it kind of hit me really hard. i know my first impression was that i'm a complete dickhead, and i absolutely was that day, but i promise i'm not like that."

"and how am i supposed to believe that?" gracie asks him, shaking her head. "what could have possibly bothered you so much that you were that fucking disrespectful at my own show?"

"i found out a family member was pretty sick," he mutters. "i know that's not an excuse, but that's what was bothering me."

"oh," gracie replies. "i'm sorry."

"it's— it was no excuse, though. i'm truly sorry."

"make it up to me by buying me a drink?" gracie asks, and kit chuckles.

"of course. let's go back inside then."

gracie had been wrong about it. she was still a little cautious about him because of her first meeting with him, but she was having a much better time with him tonight. when they had came back inside after talking, the table had somehow gotten more busy and gracie was now sitting on kit's lap to make room, one arm around his neck as she sipped her drink with the other.

"you're getting along!" joe shouts at his sister over the loud music and talking.

"i know," she says, putting her drink down. "and he's a good seat."

"i heard that!" kit says. "rude."

"i want another drink," gracie tells him. "i think you're still making up for how you acted so this one's on you again, i think."

"fucking hell, this is the fifth one," he says. "but fine. get off me so i can go to the bar."