twenty five

"can i ask you something personal?" kizzy asks gracie as the two of them are watching a movie together at gracie's flat.

"yeah, what's up?" she says.

"you and kit seem awfully close."

"oh," gracie replies, caught off guard. "i mean, we've been hanging out a lot recently so i guess that's why."

"is something going on there? i just think you guys have been like, super flirty on set the past few days," they say. "oh my god, did you actually end up hooking up with him like i told you to do that one night?" gracie laughs in response to that, but shakes her head.

"no, that didn't happen," gracie says. "uh, we kind of are seeing each other, though. you cannot tell anyone about it though because we're keeping it a secret for now. especially joe."

"oh shit, joe doesn't know?"

"nope. you're the only one who knows besides will probably, since i assume kit told him about it. i'm not really sure what they talk about though so maybe not."

"wow," says kizzy. "how did it even happen?"

"we've just been hanging out a lot one on one, and when he was drunk at will's party, he told me he has a crush on me. we didn't do anything about it that night since he was really wasted, but then we hung out the next day and i brought it up and we ended up getting together."

"holy shit!" they say. "wow. that'r a little shocking to me, to be honest. not because i don't think you're amazing and anyone would be lucky to date you, but like... kit is super conservative about his relationships."

"what do you mean?" gracie asks.

"he never really dates people," kizzy explains. "like, he's only had two serious relationships. he's gone out with people a lot, but only casually."

"oh... uh, wow," gracie murmurs. as if on cue, the two of them hear the key to gracie's door.

"he has a key already?" kizzy asks.

"okay, that's only because he came and brought me some stuff when i was sick and in bed so i couldn't open the door. i guess i just let him keep it since then," gracie replies as the door opens.

"hey, i was— oh, shit," he says, nearly dropping the bag he had in his hand on the ground. "sorry, i didn't realize you had company."

"i was leaving soon," kizzy says quickly. "uh, yeah. we were just watching a film."

"no, i don't mean for you to leave, i just— do you want me to come back later?" he asks gracie.

"what? no!" she replies.

"if you're upset you can't like, kiss her or whatever, you don't have to be. i know you're going out," kizzy says.

"wait what?"

"i told them," says gracie. "but like— obviously kiz knows not to tell anyone or joe or anything like that."

"oh," he says. "um, okay."

"to be fair, she didn't bring it up. i kind of speculated since you guys have been very couple-y at work lately," kizzy admits. "like, i saw her on your lap at lunch yesterday."

"to be fair, there weren't any seats left," kit says.

"shut up," they reply. "i'm quite tired to be honest so i'm going to head out anyways i'll see you guys tomorrow." once kizzy leaves, kit walks over to gracie on the couch, taking a seat next to her.

"is it okay that i told them about us? i know i should've asked you," gracie says.

"it's completely fine. just as long as we aren't telling a bunch of people yet, you know? i did talk to will about it too. but i think if we just stick to those two we should be okay until we want to be more open about it," kit replies, and gracie nods her head.

"okay," she says.

"what movie were you guys watching?"

"twilight, but we're basically done with it," gracie replies, moving closer to him. "we can watch whatever you want, i'm not really in the mood for anything specific."

"does this mean we can watch iron man then?" kit asks, and gracie groans. "you just said we can watch whatever!"

"but we've seen that movie so many times," she grumbles. "if we're gonna do marvel, can we do spider-man instead?"

"i think that's just your excuse for wanting to watch zendaya, but okay."

"oh my god, fuck off!"