thirteen

"gracie. gracieeeee. wake up." the girl groans, slowly opening her eyes to see kit standing above her.

"what time is it?" she grumbles.

"almost ten! we're going out since it's our last night here," he says, checking his phone for the time.

"and no one thought to inform me of that earlier today before i took a nap?" gracie says, sitting up in the bed. "wait. you look nice."

"you say that like i always look like shit or something," kit laughs.

"whatever. where are we going?"

"kizzy and joe wanted to go to a gay club so that's where we're heading."

for a moment, gracie almost thought about declining, but she realized she might actually need this. her breakup had been super rough on her lately and if she could meet someone at the club to take her mind off things, she wouldn't opposed to it. "okay, let me get dressed," she says, getting out of the bed. "oh, wait, actually, help me choose what to wear."

"you think i'm good at helping you with fashion things?" he asks her, and she shrugs. "look in my suitcase and tell me what you think looks good."

"fine." he walks over, digging through some of the clothes before pulling out a black top and black pants and setting them on the bed. "i think these are cool."

"huh, that's not bad actually," gracie replies, walking over to him. "i think i'll wear it."

"actually? do you have that little faith in my dressing abilities?"

"i didn't say that," she giggles. "but i don't know. sometimes you have some questionable outfit choices."

"fine. i'm leaving."

"i'm kidding!"

"i'll see you in a few," kit says, trying not to smile before shutting the door behind him.

"i kind of want to find someone tonight," gracie says loudly in kizzy's ear, as the music was loud. her drunken state of mind also didn't help. "would that be a bad idea?"

"no!" kizzy says. "not at all. honestly, i think it'll help you move on a bit. there's a lot of hot people here, so this is the place."

"okay," gracie laughs. "you should help me find someone."

"okay, here me out," they say, "but what do you think about kit?"

gracie almost spits out her drink. "what?"

"like, he's single, i know he's not looking for anything serious, and he's hot, so like... why don't you hook up with him?" kizzy suggests.

"no way," gracie replies. "i can't— yes, he's really attractive, but if joe found out about that—"

"who cares about joe? i don't think he'd care. plus it's your life, not his. he can't tell you who to get with!"

"true," gracie murmurs. she glanced over to where kit was stood ordering a drink by the bar. she hadn't thought too much about it before, but the more she looked at him, the more attracted to him she was. "would he even go for me?"

"are you fucking serious?" kizzy says. "you're genuinely one of the most gorgeous people i've seen in my entire life. he would absolutely go for someone like you."

"okay, well... we'll see what happens."

"go up to him at the bar then!"

"okay, okay." gracie makes her way over to him, grabbing his arm.