twenty three

new text message from kit !

kit
why aren't u on set today?

gracie
i am so ill it's not even funny

kit
oh no

kit
i'm leaving work soon, i'll bring some stuff over that will make u feel better!

gracie
aw u don't have to

kit
yes i do! i'll be there maybe in an hour or so

gracie
okay thank u :)

kit opened the door to gracie's flat with the spare key under her doormat. he carried the bag of things he got her with him to her room. when he opened the door, he noticed that she was sleeping, and hated to wake her, but the sound of the door opening was enough. "i didn't mean to wake you, i'm sorry," he says softly, sitting at the edge of the bed.

"oh, it's fine," she croaks out.

"oh my god, your voice. how long have you been feeling like this?"

"the middle of last night," gracie groans. "i woke up with a fever, and then it just got worse after that."

"shit. okay, well, i've gotten you some soup, some medicine, a bag of cough drops, some tea bags... i think that should be good," kit says, and gracie smiles.

"that's more than enough. thank you. you didn't have to get me all this."

"you're suffering, gracie. obviously i did. are you up for watching a film or something? i'd hate to leave you here."

"yeah, but i don't want to get you sick. i also look disgusting."

"hush, you look fine," says kit. "i'll make you some of this tea and you choose what film to watch, yeah?"

"okay."

kit returns a few minutes later with a cup of tea, and gracie had her laptop on the bed with a movie already playing. he hands her the mug and sits beside her on the bed, putting one arm around her. "what are we watching?" he asks.

"is scream okay?" gracie replies, and kit chuckles.

"yeah, of course. it's just funny since you're the only person i know who would watch a horror movie when sick."

"i like it!" before he can reply again, gracie's phone is buzzing. she grabs it from her side table and sees that her brother is video calling her. "don't get in the frame of this, okay?"

"yeah, yeah, i know."

"hey," she says, answering joe's call.

"hey, how come you weren't at work?" joe asks. "oh, nevermind. you actually look like shit. are you sick?"

"wow, you're so nice," she mutters. "yeah, i feel pretty bad." kit makes a noise in the background and joe frowns.

"is someone with you?" he asks. shit, shit, shit.

"uh... yeah. kit's here, um— he's just dropping off some things for me."

"oh. huh. you guys are pretty close, huh?"

"yup," gracie replies, looking over at him who's now trying not to laugh.

"it's kind of crazy since you guys hated each other at first."

"hey joe, can i call you back later? i think i might be sick," gracie lies.

"oh, yeah, sure, of course. bye." after the phone hangs up, she sighs, putting it back on the table. "you couldn't behave for a five minute video call?"

"sorry! i nearly dropped my phone on the ground and then your excuse for me being here was kind of funny. i'm sorry," kit chuckles.

"whatever," gracie mutters, moving so that she's closer to him again.