chapter 1: New York

Beep beep beep

I leaned over to see if my alarm was blaring but for once it was not mine.

   Henry and I had been together for 2 years at this point and I still think we are in the honeymoon phase. He has been all mine for 2 years and in all of those two years he never set an alarm. It was usually mine that woke us all up. I would start on breakfast  while he took David for a walk.

   I shook Henry gently. Ok not very gently but the alarm had been going on for two minutes at this point and i was fed up.

  " bloody hell.what are you doing?"

"Your phone has been going of for 2 minutes and it is currently" i looked down at my phone "3 AM, my darling fiancé"

Oh yes, me and Henry got engaged a week ago. He proposed when we had just ordered Chinese take out. Ah, I love that man. Lets just say the perfect after proposal movie is definitely a combination of princess diaries and Hamilton. I am very proud to say I can do Lafayette's rap and Henry knows the entirety of satisfied. man has he got pipes.

"Shh its not my alarm its a call from Shan"

Henry picked up

"Shan, why are you calling me at this ungodly hour?" henry spoke with a weak smile

There what a small murmur

"Ohh shit." his face fell into shock and his skin went the colour of snow. Yes his hair did look like yellow snow. That's not the point.

There was another murmur

" So I am needed back in ol 'blighty then.what time will you pick me up?"

Henry nodded

" Can Alex come? You know I'm going to bring him no matter what, right?"

Henry ended the call. He dropped the phone and his face fell into his hands

"What the fuck has happened?"

He muttered something in response but I could not quite hear it.

"What darling i couldn't hear you."

He looked up at me and his eyes were watering

"London bridge has fallen."