Percy Becomes a Rodent

I eventually awoke to a shaking sensation. Andromeda, thank the gods, was staring down at me.

"Morning sleepyhead!"

I shook my head a bit and sat up. "Not worried about me?"

She laughed softly. "Nah, I could tell you'd be fine. Thanks to my dad I guess."

I looked around. We were seemingly on a fairly large island. There weren't any clear signs of human life, but I could see some smoke rising from over the sand dunes on the edge of the beach we were on. "Where are we anyways?"

Andromeda shrugged. "No clue. Percy and Annabeth just went that way."

"Alone? Seriously? And you let them?"

"They'll be fine, it's just an island."

"But..." I stopped for a moment. I never told her, or anyone, about the dream.

"Dear gods... 'Meda, I didn't tell you, did I?"

"Tell me what?"

I quickly explained the dream, grabbing our stuff as I did so and moving towards the smoke.

"Oh. That's not good."

"Wait. Where's Tyson?"

A sad look came over her face. "Y/N... I'm sorry, we couldn't find him in the water."

My ears began to ring. That was it? He was just... gone? Just like that?

"Y/N! Y/N!"

I shook my head, startling Andromeda, who was lightly shaking my shoulders. "He's out there. He's not gone. Come on now, we have to find Percy."

We rushed off over the dunes and saw what looked like one of those resort hotels you see on tv sometimes, the ones in Mexico or Hawaii. A woman in some sort of uniform quickly rushed up to us. I summoned an orb of fire and held it out.

"Stay back! I..."

"Oh! You're hers! Welcome, sir! Come, come!"

I lowered my arm, a bit confused. "What? Where's Percy?"

The woman frowned. "Percy?"

"The other boy, he just came this way. Where is he? Take me to him, now."

"I..."

"Listen, you seem to respect me for some reason, and I apologize if I'm being rude, but thats an order. Take me to him. Now."

"Very well. Follow me."

I glanced over to Andromeda and motioned for her to follow.

"Stay on guard. I don't like this place. It's too nice. Feels like we're back in the Lotus."

"Does that mean I get another kiss?"

I quickly kissed her. "There. Now come on. We need to find Percy."

We followed the woman past a couple dozen other women wearing similar clothes, all laying down on beach chairs or sitting with their legs dangling into pools. The place was undoubtedly nice, but I'd learned by now that any nice place I found on a quest was probably a trap of some kind. Beyond that, the place absolutely reeked of magic. It was everywhere, on everything and everyone. It didn't seem like an illusion or anything, unless it was super powerful, but more so just... ambient. The same sort of feeling I got when I was in my room after a long session of working on something, just way stronger. Whatever this place was, people had been doing magic here for a very long time. Is that why they were respecting me? Because of my mom? But why had she only warned me about Percy, then? Surely Annabeth and Andromeda would be in danger too, if they only respected me for my parentage? Before I could think much more on it, we came to a spa building of some kind.