Chapter.1

Mackenzie Sinclair has been known as the innocent girl, she never got into trouble, and she never once went to parties. She didn't want to be around a bunch of drunk teenagers. But she couldn't be like any teens her age. So she had always told herself that she could get through high school without being a good person. She was kind to anyone that had always approached or even talked to her. No matter how mean that person was she has never had a mean bone in her body.

She had always found the comfort of her best friend Steve Harrington. When they were 5 years old she had her first seizure. She didn't know what was happening at the moment the only thing she was that she was scared. Steve Harrington saw the little girl and ran over to her quickly, he made sure that he had got a teacher. Mackenzie was immediately rushed to a hospital and that is when the doctor told her parents that she had Epileptic seizures. The little boy Steve Harrington came to visit her everyday in the hospital and always made sure that she was okay. They soon become best friends and that's all they were. They knew that they could never be together.

When they were in 9th grade, something was happening, and she had never felt that way before. Her whole body was shaking and she had no idea what to do. Steve her best friend was beside her and he had no idea what to do and the only thing that he could do was kiss her. It had calmed down rather quickly. She knew then she could always count on him. After that incident happened her parents were worried and they took her back to the hospital just for the doctor to add on to her problems.

Now to the present day, she has her episodes at least once a month, they had calmed down over the years but it always seemed to happen at the wrong moment. Her parents were always making sure that she was okay. She never minded it. The only thing that she wished was to be a normal teenager but she knew that it would probably never happen. Last year Steve started dating Nancy Wheeler and it left a distance between their friendship. Steve didn't notice that he was pushing her away. So she slowly slipped away from him. He realized that he was slowly pushing his best friend away. They soon become close again, Nancy and Mackenzie slowly started to get closer even though she was a grade below them. But that didn't matter to her, she had saw a good friend in Nancy.

"Come on!" Steve yelled to his best friend as she was coming out of her house. She could drive but she didn't feel comfortable doing it. Steve had always picked her up. She noticed Nancy in the front and smiled at her as she got in. Nancy smiled back and greeted her. Mackenzie could clearly see the tension between the two of them but she had decided to not say anything.

The drive to school wasn't long and once they got there. She got out of the car and set on the trunk of Steve's car. She decided that the couple needed to talk. Ever since Barb had died Nancy had started acting different but Steve or Mackenzie never said anything. Mackenzie slowly rubs her head hoping that its not about to happen. She thinks about something and it slowly goes away. She could feel the panic attack coming and she banged on the trunk of Steves car quickly getting his attention. Both of him and Nancy quickly got out of the car. Steve was quick to her side and grabbed her face in his hands.

"Mackenzie hey!" Steve says lightly slapping her face to get her to pay attention. Her breathing suddenly picked up.

"No no, this can't be happening right now. Not now." She said over and over again. Steve continues to get her attention and she finally snapped back looking at Steve and she collapsed in his arms but she doesn't pass out.

"Hey your okay. Its okay, your fine. I promise Kenzie." He says slowly rubbing her back and she buries her face into his neck.

"I'm sorry Steve." Mackenzie told him and he pulls away and grabs her face. He smiles softly at her. He kisses her forehead. Nancy had never had a problem with him doing that because there was nothing between the two friends.