Chapter.8

It's been 2 days since everything happened with Mackenzie. Billy hasn't left her side one time. Only staying there wanting to make sure the girl that he was fallen for was going to be okay. He was afraid if he left her she wouldn't be here when he had gotten back, so he stayed. His so called father didn't care as to what he did. Neil Hargrove was an asshole, he had only hit Billy to make himself feel better. He had never once cared for Billy because he never wanted a kid. But the thing was they moved for a fresh start, although Billy had never expected to fall in love Mackenzie Sinclair. There was something about her that had lured him in.

Maybe it was the beauty that she had held, maybe it was the kind heart that she held, or maybe even the way her beautiful smile would light up a room. Billy Hargrove found himself falling more in love with her everyday. Not ever wanting to let her go. Everything about the Sinclair girl made his life better. Now thinking that he is going to lose her was something that he had never wanted. He needed her just as much as she needed him.

Her parents had left a few hours ago, after asking the boy that had grown fond of their oldest child to stay with her. Billy sitting beside the beautiful Sinclair gently stroking her hand as if she would slip away at any given moment. Someone gently knocked on the door. Billy had looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was time for school to be let out.

Max carefully had walked in not wanting to disturb him afraid that he would snap on her. Although, he hadn't snapped on her since Mackenzie come into his life.

"Is she okay?" Max questions her neither carefully. Billy looks up at and smiles slightly to which Max smiled back.

"She will be. The doctor said that she could wake up soon." He told her to which she nodded and sit down in the seat across from him. She reached in her bag and handed her brother some food and he gracefully took it and ate it slowly.

Silenced then filled the room, not an awkward silence more of a comfortable silence. The siblings sit there staring at the machines hooked up to the older Sinclair girl. The silence invaded the room only hearing the machines beep slowly.

"Can you sit with her? I'm going to smoke." Billy finds himself telling the small girl. Max nodded her head and Billy carefully got up and caressed Mackenzie's cheek and gently kissed her forehead before he walked out of the room.

He walked down the hall to the elevator and pushed the button. Slowly the elevator opened. He walked on it as it took him down. Once he stepped out he quickly walked out to his car leaning against it and pulling out the pack of cigarettes and lighting it. He let the smile feel his lungs blowing it out. His mind slowly went back to the night that everything happened. He never meant for Mackenzie to get hurt. He wanted to protect her but she had gotten hurt in the process. Taking another hit of the cigarette, he looked up and saw Steve Harrington walking toward him.

"Well well if it isn't Steve fucking Harrington." Billy says as he runs his tongue over the bottom of his lips.

"If it isn't the asshole himself." Steve says as he stands with his hands in his pockets.

"Why are you here?" Billy questions as he takes another hit from his cigarette. Still leaned up against his car.

"I'm here to see Mackenzie. Why else would I be here?" He had questioned. Billy shakes his head and laughs.

"Now you show up after 2 days. You know I found myself hard to believe that you don't actually care. You only cared for her until I come along and took her away from you. I'm going to make myself clear, you are going to stay away from her until she tells you otherwise. I don't want you here and I'm 100 percent sure that she doesn't either." Billy tells Steve and he scoffs shaking his head in disbelief.