Chapter.4

After Billy had taken Mackenzie home, Nancy and Steve had gotten into an argument and Steve ended up leaving her there and he knew that Jonathan taking her home. He didn't want to look at her. Steve looked around for Mackenzie and he couldn't find her nor Billy. He had thought the worse thinking about her. He didn't want his best friend to be hanging around someone like Billy. He was afraid that he was going to hurt you. But he trusted his best friend to make the right choices for herself because for some reason he had seen his best friend happy. Steve knew that he needed his best friend and he wanted to see if she was okay. When he pulled up a little down from her house he saw something that only made his blood boil. Mackenzie Sinclair kissing Bily fucking Hargrove. When they pull away he waits until Bily pulls away and then he gets out and runs to the door. He knocks on the door and she opens the door.

"What do you want?" Mackenzie says harshly. Steve looks down at her and sighs.

"I needed you, She fuckin broke up with me saying that everything is bullshit and that I am bullshit. I didn't want to go home but I was expecting you to be with him. Why were you with him?" Steve asks her and she shakes her head. She walks up the stairs and she hears the front door close and she then hears footsteps behind her. When they get to her room she sits down and he sits down beside her. "You know Mackenzie I loved you, you were my first love and now you go and love him or like him or whatever and you are only going to get hurt and I won't be here for you when you do!" Steve says raising his voice at the end.

Mackenzie gets up from her bed and shakes her head at him. "Steve I have only ever loved you as a best friend and I thought that you had always felt the same way. You pushed me away when you first started dating Nancy and you let her push me away. We didn't talk for a long time and then you finally realized that you were pushing me away. Everything that you have ever done you have always done it because you were my best friend." Mackenzie says with tears threatening to fall down her eyes. "I've never dated anyone let alone liked anyone I've always supported you even when Nancy was being mean to me I was here for you the one time I like someone you make me feel awful about it" Mackenzie screams at him and tears are running down her face.

Steve scoffs and shakes his head, "But you are choosing the wrong person to like Mackenzie he is only going to hurt you! And when he does I won't be here for you because you are making a mistake! Think about it and think about long and hard. Choose wisely. If you choose him then I am done!" He screams at her and she shakes her head and started laughing a bit. She grabs her head and shakes her head over and over again.

"You know what fuck you! I was there for you and then one time I want something you are being a complete asshole. I am choosing him because he is nice to me, and you are the one making the mistake of pushing me away. So Steve do whatever the fuck it is that you do and get the fuck out of my life. Leave now!" Mackenzie screams louder at the end. Steve shakes his head and leaves her room. He sees Lucas and Lucas grabs his arm.

"You don't love her like you think you do. You are her best friend and I am not saying that I support her decision but Max has told me that he treats her right and you are making the wrong decision by leaving her alone. Therefore you need to leave and give her time. Don't try and talk to her tonight, give her a couple of days." Lucas Sinclair tells the older boy and Steve nods his head.

"I really don't love her do I or at least not like that?" Steve questions the younger Sinclair and shakes his head. They then hear a bang coming from Mackenzie's room. She is on the ground seizing. Steve runs to her and turns her head sideways. Lucas runs to his parents home and they all come running back in. Mrs. Sinclair sits down and grabs her but she doesn't hold her down.

Mackenzie stops seizing and regains conciseness and grabs her head. She looks around and her dad picks her up and lays her down in her bed. Her mom sits beside her rubs the hair out of her face. Mackenzie wraps her arms around her mom and starts crying. She mumbles sorry over and over again. Her mom continues stroking her cheek and pushing her hair back. Mr. and Mrs. Sinclair both look at each other sigh. Mr. Sinclair goes to the kitchen and gets her medicine to help her sleep. He comes back with a glass of water and the meds.