13: I Found The Paradox

"I'm glad this is over

"I'm glad this is over." Haley said, faking a smile.

"I'm so proud of you, darling. I always pray you'll get a great result this time." Teresa kissed her daughter's forehead.

"Woah, a flower bucket! From who, Hale?" Ginny tried to snatch the bucket.

Haley slaps her younger sister's hand worriedly, afraid Ginny will know Steven is the sender. Haley honestly had told Teresa and Ginny about their breakup, but she didn't tell why as she needs some time to deal with this situation, but the red roses make her can't move on from Steve more.

"Lika." Haley called me.

"Yes?"

"I think I don't wanna sleep at the apartment... for now... and the next few days. It makes me so sick." Haley whispered to my ear as she tried to threw the bucket into a trash bin, but she couldn't do that because of her love to her ex.

"Why, Malika? Why can't I move on from him? Why he keep showing his love to me?" she sobbed on my shoulder while her hands are gripping my waist more tightly.

I really don't know what should I say as I'm not in this situation right now. Seriously, there is always an awkward moment if someone is crying or telling me their story and asking me for solution. I'm just letting cry in my hug while rubbing her shoulder as she hurriedly remove her tears before her mother and sister realize it.

"You're just needing some time to heal, Haley. I can't give you an advice as I haven't be in your situation, but just think and do maturely what's best for you now. I don't want you to do something stupid and ended miserably like the Grande Verazza incident yesterday." I finally spoke.

"I'm really sorry, Lika. You have to deal with them because of me, even you had been their target because you've defended me," she sobbed.

"I've told you a million times, that's not really your fault, Hale. Whatever they would do to me, I'm happier they didn't destroy you more that night," I massaged her soft and slender hand.

"But, I owe my life to you, Lika." she whispered.

"Yes, you owe me, Hale," I replied. "Promise me you won't do any kind of stupid thing that will betray yourself. That's how you should pay me."

She nodded. "Yes. I promise."

"That's my big sis." I hug her.

"Let's order an Uber!" I said.

"But-"

"Yes, Hale. We can drop me first in front of my apartment before you guys go home. What do you think?"

"A great idea!" Ginny joined in the conversation.

***

Alhamdulillah, such a very wonderful day! I hope the best result will come to my friend, Haley. I pressed the elevator's button, then entered it to the 17th floor and reached my unit.