𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚎𝚗

𝙼𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚢/𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚊

❖═━┈┈━═❖

𝙼𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚢

If it weren't for the constant clicking of the guns I think I would've fallen asleep.

My arms ached from the way they were tied behind the chair, eyes burned from the fluorescent bulb flickering above us. Steve wouldn't stop bouncing his leg and Curtis was even more quiet than usual. We had been here for hours, and I think a part of us hoped that Sofia would've brought the girls in to free us, not that we were mad they didn't, honestly, I'm happy she didn't do that, but Sofia was the mastermind behind quick plans. She assessed danger at a rate that didn't seem humanely possible, and Elena picked up immediately on what Sofia was thinking, the two could overthrow a country. They always seemed to protect Julianna, when she was thrown down next to Sofia, the first reaction my best friend's wife had was to curl herself around her, and when Elena was violently thrown down, she joined in shielding my little sister.

But with the girls not showing up we were left with just hoping our captors didn't kill us.

"Boss is heading to the warehouse," a radio crackled to life, "no location on the Moor girl, he wants to see the damage."

"Copy," the man replied, shutting the radio check, "Perimeter sweep since the boss isn't going to be arriving yet, let's move."

I mean, I wasn't mad they were going, but they weren't the smartest, leaving three men that they're holding captive by themselves. The door creaked open and the sun had sunk lower in the sky, it was reaching twilight, if the girls were safe, they were definitely on their way to get help. I'm sure Sofia has Steve's location on, they're like that. Steve became super overprotective of Sofia after Bucky took her, and today was the first time he didn't have bodyguards on her, which I knew he was swiftly going to change and I was going to take notes from, I'd stick some on Elena and Julianna.

"How far do you think we're from the mine carts?" Steve finally asked, gaining Curtis' and my attention.

The mine carts that went to the old coal mine in Sunbury, we haven't used those in years, but they had to still be functioning, we paid a fortune to keep them going. "I'd say roughly five miles," Curtis answered, both of us turning our heads to look at him, "from the glimpse that I got before the dumbass blindfolded me, I think we're at the old Turner Warehouse."

This place hasn't been occupied in over thirty years then, no one would bat an eye. "Curtis you still carry that pocket knife on you?"

"Why are you asking that like it's a crime to carry a pocket knife?" Curtis retorted and I rolled my eyes.

"A pocket knife isn't illegal," Steve interjected, "But the switchblade you call a pocket knife is, regardless answer the question."

"Yes I carry it, it's in the back pocket closest to Mickey," Curtis looked over at me, and I wrapped my ankle around one of Steve's chairs legs, tipping myself back and pulling free the blade, "Careful when you open it, the blade swings out quick," I found the latch, moving my fingers away as the blade freed itself, "Cut me out first and I'll get you two."

Steve wrapped his hand around the leg of my chair as well, keeping me steady as I sliced through the zip ties in the middle, the plastic snap releasing anxiety that had built up in my chest. Curtis shot out of the chair, kicking it away so he had room to move, I felt my arms be freed from the chair and I groaned at the relief, shaking my arms out before Steve was joining me in our freedom. "We don't have a lot of time," I looked over my shoulder, "this building isn't that big, they'll be back any second."