𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚊
*𝚜𝚖𝚞𝚝*

❖═━┈┈━═❖

I think Sofia was two seconds away from killing Mickey and I.

We returned back to the city a few hours ago, all of us heading up to Steve and Sofia's apartment because they had power in the crazy storm that was raging outside. The lawyers had called them as soon as we walked through the door, giving them the total revenue lost and Sofia went silent. Her hard work had been wiped away. Steve was upstairs on the phone with contractors trying to push the building plans forward so that they had enough to cover the damages. Not that they were hurting for money, but they didn't want to give anyone a weak point.

But, her lip kept twitching in a way that signaled she was losing her patience. Mickey and I had been bickering about the way we wanted to have the layout of the apartment, but in reality, I wanted him to pin me against the wall and kiss me the way he did in the shower just a few hours ago. "Oh for godsakes!" Sofia finally bellowed, Steve immediately looked over the banister before he shook his head, "I get it, you two hate each other, but some of us have a multimillion-dollar business on the line, I've got three contracts I'm having to redo," Sofia blew out a long breath, "I love you both, I really do. But either shut the fuck up or get out so I can finish these emails."

"See!" I gestured towards Sofia, Mickey's jaw setting, "Leave it to you to piss off our friends!"

"I'm sorry, who's the one that's bitching because they want the couch on a window wall? It's not me!" He shot back.

"I miss Julianna," Sofia muttered under her breath, attempting to go back to her emails. I smiled hearing her muttering because as much as she complained about how Mickey and I bicker, she would've drug us to the elevator if it was really bothering her. "I have a wonderful idea!" She clapped when we wouldn't stop, jumping up from her seat to grab my and Mickey's wrists, dragging us towards the elevator. "Move the couch! See where it looks best!" She pressed the elevator down button, the doors opening almost immediately, "Better yet! Look into couples therapy! Love you!" She blew a kiss before slamming her hand on the door close button and disappearing behind the silver doors.

"Have I ever mentioned how hot you are when you get pissed off?" Mickey asked, moving to cage me against the metal, a smile on my lips when he leaned down to press his mouth against mine, swallowing any words I could've come up with. Every time his mouth pressed against mine it felt like fireworks went off in my stomach, electricity shot up my spine. I couldn't do anything other than grasp the fabric of his sweatshirt in my fists, pulling Mickey further into me while he devoured my mouth, hands gripping my hips.

When he pulled away, his lips were cherry red and I'm sure it mirrored the flush on my cheeks. "You haven't," Mickey's hands slipped around my waist, pulling me up to his chest, "I think I need to see how hot I am."

"God damn, Elena Henry," I wish my stomach didn't flip in excitement at the surname, it definitely wasn't excitement it was disgust, I kept telling myself, knowing I was lying to myself about it. "You might be the death of me." Mickey immediately separated from me when we reached the lobby, exiting the elevator only to step into the one that would lead us up to our new apartment.

"I mean, I would love the peace and quiet that comes with that," I teased, seeing Mickey roll his eyes.

"You'd miss me." Mickey chuckled, pulling me into his side, an arm thrown around my shoulders, his lips moving against my temple. His proximity sent a chill up my spine, something he didn't miss because he started to press wet open-mouthed kisses to my jaw, "plus, you'd never find someone who can make you feel like I can."