22: Foul

Nate POV

I havent seen or spoken to Qua in 2 weeks. She wont return my calls or messages.

"Boss, you've got company." Jay informed me.

"Can I help you?" I asked as I looked over the tall, caramel skin coloured woman.

"Nathaniel." She kinda whispered. I couldnt see the tears through the glasses, but they were there.

"Who are you?" I asked pulling her in. Out here sayin' my government name and shit. Fuck wrong with her?

"You look just like your daddy." She smiled.

"Okay, youve got 2.5 seconds to tell me who your are or you'll be carried out in a body bag." I said leaning on the wall.

"I'm yo momma now stand down." She put her bag down.

"Momma? What happened?" I asked taking off her glasses. Her hazel eyes were now a dark brown. Her hair was in a feminine, red, crew cut instead of jet black and down her back.

"I had to disguise because they're lookin' for me. I need you to help me baby." She hugged me tightly. My momma was like a human guinea pig. She went around the world trying then selling new drugs. She has escaped prison twice and I guess they've caught up with her, again.

"Who?"

"The feds this time. Last place I was seen was Albuquerque."

"Why havent you called me?"

"How you expect me to get in touch with you and you change your number every twelve damn days."

"True, but okay. Go on to the house. Relax. We'll get to business tomorrow." I looked at my watch.

"Oh I swear I love you."

"Love you too momma." I said before she went to the car. I sighed before locking down everything and heading to Qua's house. This shit we doin' is petty.

"Yeah?" She asked with a giant kool-aid smile.

"Wassup?" I asked curiously to the fact that she wouldnt let me in.

"Nothin'. What do you need?"

"Why you actin' funny?"

"I've got company."

"Oh ight." I started to walk away.

"Dont do that."

"Nah, you got company. I understand. Do what you do."

"Okay here." She ran back inside to grab something. She handed me the ring box.

Deep down, a nigga feelings was all types of hurt.