𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐦

❝ we watch the day go by, stories of all we did ❞

we watch the day go by, stories of all we did

˗ˏˋ ✰ 'ˎ˗
chapter one,
𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐔𝐌

——— ON THE TRAINING GROUNDS, Alexandria stood off to the side with Doctor Erskine as they watched the recruits all standing in a line. Alexandria tried to hide the proud smile across her staring at her father in the middle, him completely different from everyone else in the row.

She smiled even more when she saw Agent Carter suddenly walk up to them, addressing everyone in the line. But it was her British accent that caught all the men's attention.

"Recruits, attention!" Peggy shouted, "Gentlemen, I'm Agent Carter. I supervise all operations for this division."

"What's with the accent, Queen Victoria?" a recruit asked, "Thought I was signing up for the U.S. Army."

Alexandria eyed the man annoyed, already not liking him. It seemed Peggy didn't either because she slowly stepped towards him. "What's your name, soldier?" she asked.

"Gilmore Hodge, Your Majesty," he said.

"Step forward, Hodge," Peggy said, and Hodge did as he was told, smirking at her, "Put your right foot forward."

"Mmm...we're gonna wrestle? Cause I got a few moves I know you'll like," Hodge cockily said.

Alexandria tensed in shock at his foul language. She glared at him, annoyed with him already. But a smile suddenly cracked on her when Peggy abruptly punched him hard in the face. He stumbled to the ground and Alexandria tried to hide the smirk on her.

Right then, the military jeep pulled up behind them and Colonel Phillips got out of it. "Agent Carter," he said, walking up towards her as she turned back to him.

"Colonel Phillips," Peggy said.

"I see you're breaking in the candidates. That's good!" Colonel Phillips said, stepping next to Agent Carter before he noticed Hodge on the ground, "Get your ass up out of that dirt and stand in that line at attention 'til somebody comes tells you what to do."

Hodge quickly shot to his feet, puffing out his chest. "Yes, sir!"

Alexandria rolled her eyes before Colonel Phillips said, "General Patton has said that wars are fought with weapons but they are won by men. We are going to win this war because we have the best..." he then spotted skinny little Steve in the line, "...men."

He glanced over at Doctor Erskine and Alexandria a moment as he realized, this skinny man was the doctor's recruit and the girl's father. He blinked before continuing on, "And because they're gonna get better. Much better. The Strategic Scientific Reserve is an Allied effort made up of the best minds in the free world. Our goal is to create the best army in history. But every army starts with one man. At the end of this week, we will choose that man. He will be the first in a new breed of super-soldiers. And they will personally escort Adolf Hitler...to the gates of Hell."