𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞, 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧

❝ under a trillion stars, we danced on top of cars ❞

under a trillion stars, we danced on top of cars

˗ˏˋ ✰ 'ˎ˗
chapter three,
𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀 𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍

——— IT'D BEEN SEVEN DAYS since Steve Rodgers went behind the lines. Alexandria was playing a ball game with Gilmore Hodge, the man smiling at the girl's determination. She wore a light blue, long-sleeved dress with white stripes on the cuffs and the skirt.

The two could be seen from Colonel Phillips's tent, where Peggy Carter watched her while the colonel sat at his desk, speaking to a typewriter

The two could be seen from Colonel Phillips's tent, where Peggy Carter watched her while the colonel sat at his desk, speaking to a typewriter. The man typed up everything the colonel said, which was, "Senator Brandt, I regret to report that Captain Steven G. Rodgers went missing behind enemy lines on the third. Aerial reconnaissance has proven unfruitful. As a result, I must declare Captain Rodgers...killed in action. Period."

The typewriter finished up the letter as Peggy faced the colonel away from Alexandria, though she could still hear the girl's laughter. "The last surveillance flight is back," she said, handing him a file with the report inside, "No sign of activity."

Colonel Phillips shook his head before looking at Peggy, "I can't touch Stark. He's rich and he's the Army's number one weapons contractor. You are neither one," he said.

"With respect, sir, I don't regret my actions. And I don't think Capital Rodgers did either. He did it all for her," Peggy said before gesturing over to the laughing Alexandria.

The Colonel looked over at the girl a moment before placing his eyes back on Peggy, "I took a chance with you, Agent Carter. And now America's golden boy and a lot of other good men are dead, cause you had a crush. Where does that put Ms. Rodgers at now? Just a damn orphan," he said.

"I had faith," Peggy said.

"Well, I hope that's a big comfort to you when they shut this division down," Colonel Phillips said before he and Peggy noticed a bunch of soldiers starting running off, talking excitedly. They stared confused. "What the hell's going on out there?"