𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱, 𝐥𝐨𝐤𝐢 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚

❝ too lost and hurting to carry your load, we all need someone to hold ❞

too lost and hurting to carry your load, we all need someone to hold

˗ˏˋ ✰ 'ˎ˗
chapter six,
𝐋𝐎𝐊𝐈 & 𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀

——— THE NEXT DAY, Alexandria sat in the seats of a flying Quinjet zooming through the skies. Sitting next to her was her father, while he held a tablet, the two watching footage of The Hulk's attack on the Army at Culver University. Alexandria fiddled with the gray hoodie she wore as the pilot said, "We're about forty minutes out from base, sir."

A federal agent named Phil Coulson stood up from his seat and nervously approached the two when Steve asked him, "So, this Doctor Banner was trying to replicate the serum that was used on Ale and I?"

"A lot of people were. You were the world's first superhero. Banner thought gamma radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula," Agent Coulson explained as Alexandria watched The Hulk roar with fury, slamming a jeep apart on the tablet.

"Didn't really go his way," she muttered.

"Not so much. When he's not that thing though, guy's like Stephen Hawked," Agent Coulson said, but Alexandria looked up at him utterly confused, "He's like a smart person. I gotta say, it's an honor to meet you, officially."

Alexandria and Steve smiled at him, until he said, "I sort of met you, I mean. I watched you while you were sleeping."

Alexandria stared at him oddly as Steve stood up, standing next to the agent, "I mean, I was...I was present while you two were unconscious from the ice. You know, it's really, it's just a...just a huge honor to have you both on board."

"Well, I hope I'm the man for the job," Steve told him.

"Oh, you are. Absolutely," Agent Coulson said, "Uh...we've made some modifications to the uniform. I had a little design input."

"The uniform? Aren't the Stars and Stripes a little...old fashioned?" Steve asked.

"With everything that's happening, the things that are about to come to light, people might just need a little old fashioned," Agent Coulson said.

"What about me?" Alexandria asked and Steve quickly put his attention on her.

"You're staying in that hoodie and staying put," Steve lectured and Alexandria narrowed her eyes, pouting.

Ever since she'd come from the ice, Alexandria has had this urge to get out and use her newfound strength. The world was odd to her now but she still wanted to put her new abilities to use somehow. But everytime she brought it up, Steve completely shut her down. He would tell her she wasn't ready and was too small. But really...he knew she was majorly suffering from PTSD and didn't want something to trigger her. She had a panic attack everytime she trained. She'd wake up screaming from nightmares. She wasn't ready and he wasn't sure if she'd ever would be.