𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬

❝ i know how it feels being by yourself in the rain, we all need someone to stay ❞

i know how it feels being by yourself in the rain, we all need someone to stay

˗ˏˋ ✰ 'ˎ˗
chapter eight,
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒

——— DRESSED IN A BLACK, ONE-PIECE UNIFORM, Alexandria walked through the Helicarrier, following her father into a medical room, dressed in his full Captain America uniform. Natasha Romanoff glanced back at them, unprepared for them to walk in.

"Time to go," Steve told them.

"Go where?" Natasha asked.

"I'll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?" Steve asked, but then both blondes tensed up when Clint Barton casually stepped out from the restroom. Alexandria eyed him oddly as he placed his eyes on her and her father.

"I can," he said as Steve glanced over at Natasha, who nodded her head in confirmation that Barton was on their side. That he wasn't under Loki's spell anymore.

"You got a suit?" Steve asked, looking back at Barton.

"Yeah."

"Then suit up."

"We have a damsel Princess to save," Alexandria grinned. But as the group moved out of the medical room, the young girl held in a surprise gasp when she felt something placed in her hand. A blaster. And she looked up to find it was Natasha who gave it to her, a small smile on her and Alexandria smiled back.

Soon enough, Alexandria followed Captain America, Black Widow, and Hawkeye towards a Quinjet, where they found a young SHIELD Pilot standing on the jet. He spotted them approaching so he quickly stood in their way, a stern look on him. "You are not authorized to be here—"

"Son...just don't," Steve told him before he grabbed his shirt collar and threw him across the room. Alexandria watched him go, watching him crash into the ground behind them before shaking her head, walking into the Quinjet with her father and two new friends.

Flying through the skies of Manhattan, Alexandria stood still in the Quinjet, her body slowly coming to a stop when she saw a energy beam blast into the sky. A beam that formed a vortex, which then opened up another portal. And from that, spilled out the so called Chitauri Army.

Alexandria gulped before Captain America looked down at her. "Ale, I don't think—"

"If you're worried about my panic attacks, don't," Alexandria said, looking up at her father, "When we were under attack, I didn't get one once. In fact...the more I helped...the more I fought, the less anxiety I felt."

Captain America pursed his lips before hesitantly nodding. "But you stay by my side, the entire time, you got it?" he said and she nodded.

Soon enough, the Quinjet boomed into the city and Natasha, who was in the cockpit with Barton, pressed the comms. "Stark, we're heading north east," she said.