Chapter Three

After what seems like an eternity, but is only about ten minutes, Lilyanna finds herself back in the room she had woken up in. Her stomach drops when she notices the man who had helped her with a sword sticking out of his stomach, no life in his eyes, and surrounded by a pool of his own blood.

Lilyanna can't stop staring at the man, even as she is being forced down to the stone floor on her knees.

In front of Lilyanna is a man she does not recognize sitting in a chair that had been previously occupied by Mordred. the man stares at her. when she stares back, she notices that the man's eyes are cold, dark, and cruel, as though the man has no feelings whatsoever.

The man stares at her for another second before turning to Mordred, who is standing next to the man. "Is this her?"

"Yes." Mordred replies.

"And what makes this girl so valuable?" The man asks.

Mordred looks at Lilyanna, anger, and hatred still in his eyes. "Because she possesses something that makes her very valuable."

Mordred moves away from the man sitting in the chair and stands in front of Lilyanna. he looks down at her, an evil smile on his pale face. "You might even say she is as or more powerful than Morgana."

At the mention of Morgana, the man's face glows with greed at the thought of all Lilyanna might have to offer him.

After a minute of silence, the man finally nods his head in agreement. "It's a deal." He then holds his hand out to Mordred, who has turned around and takes it and they shake.

But then, something surprising happens. the man suddenly strikes Mordred across the face sending Mordred to the floor in front of Lilyanna.

The man turns to someone behind LIlyanna. "Tie both of them up."

Lilyanna feels rough callused hands grab her arms and pin them to her back harshly. she then feels a rough rope wrap around her wrists. Mordred is then tied up before being bound to Lilyanna's rope.

Lilyanna and Mordred are pushed up to their feet and led out of the fortress. Lilyanna's rope is wrapped around one of the men's horses before the horse's owner mounts the horse and tugs on the rope. "Let's go!"

LIlyanna and Mordred are led outside into the cold where the weather has turned into a full-blown snowstorm that you can barely see in. They make their way away from the fortress until they arrive at a campsite filled with dozens of tents.

Lilyanna is separated from Mordred and is led to a tress where two men are already tied up to.

She freezes when she sees just who the two men are: King Arthur of Camelot and Emrys (otherwise known as Merlin, King Arthur's manservant).

Lilyanna stares at Emrys for a minute before deciding to call out to him in her mind. "Emrys?"

The man quickly looks up and looks around before his eyes land on Lilyanna. their eyes connect before he asks, "How do you know that name?"

Lilyanna gives him a small smile that won't be noticed. "You and I are the same." She is then taken out of her head when someone tugs hard on her bound hands, causing her to stumble until she falls into the cold snow.

A man slams their foot into LIlyanna's un-injured side and shouts, "Get up!"

Liliyanna bits her lip to keep from making a sound as she pulls herself up. She did not want to give this man the satisfaction that he had caused her pain.

Instead, she lets the man lead her to the tree and tie her up next to Emrys.

"Are you okay?" Emrys asks Lilyanna, addressing her out loud.